Thread: training time

gino_slayer is offline Associate Member

training time

hey guys... i was wondering when you guys go to the gym and whether your satisfied with it. I have read and heard that it is more beneficial to go in the morning. Would it be better to workout at 6:00AM or go in after school at around 6PM or so? or odes it even make that much of a difference?

thnx

bump

Swellin Guest
    I have read the same stuff that you are talking about. I am not getting my sorry ass out of bed that early, unless I am going hunting (and that ain't too often lately).

I have tried to establish a certain time of day, but my schedule is in a constant state of flux, so I go anywhere from 2 in the afternoon to 10 at night.

As for your specific after school question, ask your body. Are you mentally fatigued? Can you generate the required focus and enthusiasm, after a day of school? Would you do better by hitting it first thing in the morning, while you are fresh? <<<I did give the early morning thing a try while in school, and it worked pretty well for me. I just can't do it now.>>>
    Give it a try for a couple of weeks, and see how you like it.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    warrior replied to a thread earlier and claimed lifting in the evening has a better affect, however this does not work for me, so i am up every morning at 5:15 heading to the gym. I love it.

awesome... thanx guys... im gonna give it a try starting tomorrow and see how it works

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    I recall reading somewhere that early morning workouts are when your GH is at its highest levels.

Arnold used to have early 4 am workouts and he said those were the best ones.

cb25 is offline Banned
    You have to find what works for you. When are you most productive? It doesn't matter how high your GH levels are in the morning if you have no energy to train with intensity. Likewise, if you find yourself skipping workouts at the end of the day because you're too tired from a full day of work/school/etc you need to mix it up.

I would agree with finding a good time and sticking to it, rather than bouncing around from day to day...it's much easier to establish a rhythym and stick to your program if it's set...

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    In my opinion, just listen to your body. It will tell you everything you need to know. Damn, that sounds like something a fucking hippy would say. Now I'm gonna have to kick my own ass.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    In my opinion, just listen to your body. It will tell you everything you need to know. Damn, that sounds like something a fucking hippy would say. Now I'm gonna have to kick my own ass.
    haha...good advice though...ya damn hippy!!

Thread Information