C.K. is offline Junior Member

Getting surgery..not able to lift..how do I keep my muscle?

Hey, everybody it looks like I am going to be getting some surgery done. My friend had it done and they told him taht he couldnt lift for 2 months. If this is true, is there a way I can keep my muscle..and supplements, steriods , or anything? please help because I dont want to lose what I have worked so hard at getting..I lose fast.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    um, no. you're going to go through what Neo went through - atrophy. if you don't use your muscles, they will wither and shrink.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    um, no. you're going to go through what Neo went through - atrophy. if you don't use your muscles, they will wither and shrink.
    No drugs or steriods will help?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    do you think steroids and drugs just magically make your muscles grow without having to do any work ?

Bro, you'll shrink... not a thing you can do about it. Just relax, take it easy and concentrate on recovering from the surgery.

The good news is that when your doc clears you to work out again, you'll regain everything in no time flat. Muscle memory is a truly amazing thing and ask any bro here who has had to take time off working out, it's no myth!

Just don't worry about it.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    do you think steroids and drugs just magically make your muscles grow without having to do any work ?
    I was kinda hoping..ok dreaming! lol But I know they dont make muscles grow wih no work..I just wanted to know if there was anything that could slow down the process of losing it.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep your protein intake high, fats med-high, and carbs low. I would eat all of my carbs early in the day and drink water like its going out of style. It's easy to get into bad habits when lounging around all day long so try not to give in to sugars, junk food, etc. An eca stack could also help to speed up your metabolism and suppress your appetite. Make sure it doesn't affect your recovery though.

~US~

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    usualsuspect i agree with you 100% and C.K. just remember muscle has memory it will come back. feal better and take it easy. you will be in the gym before you know it

cb25 is offline Banned
    I wouldn't recommend an eca stack for post-surgery...IMO your body will be under enough stress...i do, however totally agree with the fact that it'd be easy to eat like crap...watch your diet, keep your protein high.

If you have $$ and want to try, buy some BCAA's and maybe even some glutamine. Hospitals give BCAA's in trauma patients (burn victims, etc) as it reduces muscle wasting. May be worth a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    usualsuspect i agree with you 100% and C.K. just remember muscle has memory it will come back. feal better and take it easy. you will be in the gym before you know it
    i have not had the surgery yet because this 1 scares the shit out of me, and was told I wont be ble to do much of anything for 2 months. I guess I have to do it though unless i dont want to have kids when i'm older. Thanks for the info guys, i'll do all of it.

cb25 is offline Banned
    good luck C...keep us updated on your progress - take your time, trust your docs and they'll take care of ya...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    What surgery are you having? Many surgeries are not nearly as bad as you might think in terms of lost training time.

The surgery that I will most likely be having is for a vein that they found on one of my testicles. Many guys have this, and it can not only get cancerous later in life..it can also lead to infertility. What they will do is cut a 6 inch incision in my lower abdomen, and pull the vein up from my testi and tie it off so it doesnt hang down. My good friend had it done and was out for 2-3 months. All he did was take the bottles of Vicoden that the surgeon gave him, and smoke weed all day in bed for a long time. This is what I am afraid of. I have a high tolarance of pain, but I dont need stiches opening up as well as cut muscle from the incision, as well as a vein coming out of place. I found this all out from the endocrynonolgist that is helping me with the gyno prob I was getting. He checked my testis again and told me what was up. I'll keep you all posted on what the urologist sais.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    ouch good luck bro take all the time u need dont want to bust anything

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    What did your doc tell you about the recovery time/process? I would stick to a clean diet and go for a 20min walk every day as soon as you are able to.

Thread Information