peaker is offline Senior Member

Blasting through a plateau...

i've tried everything guys, changing my program, diet, training times and frequency, # of sets and reps, but i cant get past 198lbs (90kgs). I have been staggant for a few months now and its killing me. Been training for almost 3 years.

My chest is lagging and no matter what i do i can't get it in par with everything else. Everytime i do my chest workout i am sore for 3-4 days afterwards but my chest is stubborn and doesn't grow.

currently my chest routine is:
    incline bench
    flat bench
    dips
    flies or cable crossovers

4 sets each exercise 6-8 reps and i switch between bb's and db's.

Any ideas guys?

Peak

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    When was the last time you changed your routine?

How often are you training chest?

Answer these and you could find you are over training if so cut back to once per week and give yourself adequate time to recover.

Check your form as well that can cause a similiar problem as you would be using other body parts.

All I can suggest is to mix it up everytime you hit chest do a different excercise keep it varied and you should grow.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    It sounds like you are overtraining ! How many days a week are you training? IF ALL ELSE FAILS GO BACK TO BASICS FOR A WHILE...

guys i train my chest as well as each body part once a week and i usually have 1 day on 1 day off sometimes 2 on 1 off.

billy i switch it up every few weeks, i mix it up as much as i can.

diesel, i will try changing the # of sets and reps, but for some reason the rest of my body such as my back, shoulders and arms are growing like weeds in comparsion. Just my chest that seems to be stubborn as hell.

billy i will look at my form carefully, might slow it up a bit try and get a more comfortable range, as my shoulders sometimes feel the strain while doing flat and incline bench

thanks guys.

peaker

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    what gets me over my plateau is doing tri's and some shoulders more intense.....also doing dumbell flat bench or on incline helps for me, it gets me over the hump and i dont over do it or work out chest more than once a week, so dont push yourself to the limit by doing it too much, it wont help you.

Just got back from the gym after my chest workout, i did the usual, bumped the weight and on decline cable crossovers i went to failure, i have no idea how many reps i did maybe 25 per set and i have the biggest pump i have had in a long time

bench, flies, and dips i did 4 set 6-8 so hopefully chucking in a couple of sets here and there with 20+ reps will push me over the line.

crazyrussian, i only work out my chest once a week.

peak

Thread Information