Nixter is offline Associate Member

Why are abs different?

Ok, I'm one of the many who have found that I achieve the best results from training each muscle group once a week, HARD. There are many out there who abide by this law as well, yet it seems to break down when they think about abs. The same guys who train everything else once a week will finish off each workout with sets of high rep ab exercises. WTF? Last time I looked abdominals were muscles too, no? Why don't these folks apply the same principles to their abs that they apply to the rest of their muscles. Don't abs need recovery time? Don't abs grown with low rep, high weight resistance?

I've heard from guys before that abs are just "different" and respond better to everyday training. Personally I'd like to see some research behind that. If I'm wrong that's fine.

I've only been training abs regularly for about a month and I'm already seeing results with the same low rep, high weight resistance principles I use for the rest of my workouts.

What do you guys think? Agree, disagree?

Nixter.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    It just shows how lil thought people put into their splits.

Would you beleive that some people acheive the best results from training each bodypart once per week HARD with no supporting research ? I wonder how many experiments those people did to find out that that was the best way to acheive the best results.

Guess it just shows how lil thought...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    IMO good abs are only a function of bodyfat %, as far as looks go at anyway.

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    BF% is definately the main thing but I wouldn't say "only".

Nixter.

Thread Information