Slugger is offline Junior Member

Running on treadmill for boxing

Is running on the treadmill anywhere near as good as running out side? The cold weather is starting to come and I was wondering if you could supplement boxing/sparring with running on the treadmill for 5 days a week. I will also be running sprints 2 days a week in a basketball gym.

But my question is is running on a treadmill a waste of time. Is running outside THAT much better?

murph is offline Member
    IMO........ running is running , you`ll get the payoff either place you do it ...... i myself like the threadmill better. I put the T.V. on and the minutes just fly by.... plus i like to set the incline up, and i think it would be hard to find a place outside that is all up-hill,.. you know?...... but once again to answer your question....... i think you can get great results on a treadmill indoors.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'd have to agree with Murph on this one. There was a girl here at work that preped for a marathon (never ever ran one in her life) all on a threadmill, never once ran outside until the actual day. Did pretty good for her first time out as well.

Thread Information