bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I heard that some pro's will take 4-6 weeks off during the year to totally just veg out and eat whatever they want....

bulknup is offline New Member

how long can one go without working out?

got some major things going on in my life right now and absolutely have to put eating and weight lifting aside for a week or two. How long can someone go off their schedule without having to go through major efforts to rebuild what you lose, or will I not lose any in two weeks except body weight?

mass junkie is offline banned
    I think a week would be fine depending how long you have been working out since your last break.....two weeks for me would be a lil too long....but try to do some push ups and sit ups during your time off.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    It really all depends on your genetics, Its been said that Cormier has the best genetics for these reasons. I beleive after one Olympia he had competed in, he basically took a break off from everything and didn't start back training until 3 months before the next olympia. He got 3rd that Olympia and only lost 5lbs of muscle for that year.

As for me, if I've been training very hard and consistently I will take a week off every 8-12 weeks or so. A week off tends to be the right amount of time for me, more than that and I feel it hinders me.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have read that after about 10 days u can start to lose muscle if not working out.

For me I only take days at the time normally around holidays........it would become more mental(more than anything) if I took more than that.

Interesting I would like to hear some answers backed by research on this one, that is a question that I have always wondered. I feel like shit if I miss one workout and feel that is the only downfall to being in season is that I have to cut back on the amount of time I get to workout. I would guess around 7 days give or take. Anyone?

Whatcha gonna do..........

Grant is offline Member
    mine is more strength loss than muscle mass with time off

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    After a week I can see a decline in strength, after a bit more I can see a decline in my "pump"...I begin to look flat.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    For me it would be about a week at the most...I can't stand not being able to lift, it's terrible. Everytime I ask to go to the gym my mom is like "Are you having iron-withdrawal?" . The longest I haven't got to lift was almost two weeks, I had a bad cold.

Thread Information