musclehead1 is offline Member

is this workout any good?

hi everyone, im not a steroid user (not yet anyway) and i was wondering if you guy could tell how these workouts sound. Iv been working out for about 6 years but not continously (couple months off during the year usually)
    anyways heres two workouts:

mondays:chest

flat dumbell press 3-4 sets 10-8 reps
    incline dumbell press 3 set 10-8 reps
    decline dumbell press 3 sets 10-8 reps
    cable crossovers 3 sets 10 reps
    cable crossovers(these are when the hand grips are at the bottom of the cable machine and your doin a fly type of movement) 3 sets 10-8 reps

tuesday: back and shoulders
    back:
    chin-ups (hands at shoulder withd apart) 3 sets to failure
    pull downs 3 sets 10-8 reps
    seated cable row 3 sets 10-8 reps
    hammer machine pull downs 3 sets 10-8 reps
    t-bar rows 3 sets 10-8 reps
    underhand grip bent over rows 3 sets 10-8 reps
    shoulders:
    seated overhead presses (infront of face) 3 sets 10-8 reps
    aronld presses 3 sets 10-8 reps
    front/side/rear lateral raises (supersets) 3 sets 10-8 reps

wednesday: off

thursday:arms
    tris:
    skull crushers 2 sets 8-6 reps
    narrow grip bench press 3 sets 10 reps
    kick backs 3 sets 12 reps
    dips 3 sets 10-8 reps
    extentions 3 sets 10- 8 reps
    21s with the rope
    bis:
    straight bar curls 2 sets 8-6 reps
    alternating dumbell curls 3 sets 10 reps
    hammer curls on the preacher bench 3 sets 10-8 reps
    concentration curls 3 sets 10-8 reps

fridays: legs
    squats 4 sets 10-8 reps
    leg press 3 sets 10 reps
    stiff legged deadlifts 3 sets 10 reps
    leg extentions and leg curls super sets 3 sets 10-failure reps

other workout is the same things as above but i would be doing them 4 days straight and start the cycle again the following week.

REMEMBER IN NOT ON ROIDS

im open to comments and suggestions
    thanks in advance guys

KeyMastur is offline VET
    almost seems overkill to me - especially on the arms.

but different strokes for different folks. i found something that i like and i've been getting great results with.

as for the arms, if you're looking for decent size and great pumps, you might want to incorporate supersets (do 1 set of a tricep workout, then 1 set of a bicep workout, repeat until you're finished with both exercises)

i see no abdominal / low back work (besides the squat / straight leg dead lift, but nothing such as hyper extensions, etc).

as for the chest, dumbbells should also be mixed in somewhere. don't limit yourself to just barbells

for chest all i do is dumbell, did you mean barbell? your right about the lower back and abs i don't usually do lower back i think ill put that in with back and shoulders but abs its really hard for me to do since i have stomach pains all the time. whats ur workout look like

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    hi everyone, im not a steroid user (not yet anyway) and i was wondering if you guy could tell how these workouts sound. Iv been working out for about 6 years but not continously (couple months off during the year usually)
    anyways heres two workouts:

mondays:chest

flat dumbell press 3-4 sets 10-8 reps
    incline dumbell press 3 set 10-8 reps
    decline dumbell press 3 sets 10-8 reps
    cable crossovers 3 sets 10 reps
    cable crossovers(these are when the hand grips are at the bottom of the cable machine and your doin a fly type of movement) 3 sets 10-8 reps

tuesday: back and shoulders
    back:
    chin-ups (hands at shoulder withd apart) 3 sets to failure
    pull downs 3 sets 10-8 reps
    seated cable row 3 sets 10-8 reps
    hammer machine pull downs 3 sets 10-8 reps
    t-bar rows 3 sets 10-8 reps
    underhand grip bent over rows 3 sets 10-8 reps
    shoulders:
    seated overhead presses (infront of face) 3 sets 10-8 reps
    aronld presses 3 sets 10-8 reps
    front/side/rear lateral raises (supersets) 3 sets 10-8 reps

wednesday: off

thursday:arms
    tris:
    skull crushers 2 sets 8-6 reps
    narrow grip bench press 3 sets 10 reps
    kick backs 3 sets 12 reps
    dips 3 sets 10-8 reps
    extentions 3 sets 10- 8 reps
    21s with the rope
    bis:
    straight bar curls 2 sets 8-6 reps
    alternating dumbell curls 3 sets 10 reps
    hammer curls on the preacher bench 3 sets 10-8 reps
    concentration curls 3 sets 10-8 reps

fridays: legs
    squats 4 sets 10-8 reps
    leg press 3 sets 10 reps
    stiff legged deadlifts 3 sets 10 reps
    leg extentions and leg curls super sets 3 sets 10-failure reps

other workout is the same things as above but i would be doing them 4 days straight and start the cycle again the following week.

REMEMBER IN NOT ON ROIDS

im open to comments and suggestions
    thanks in advance guys
    OK lets try to break this down some.
    For tris you show 15 sets....u ONLY show 10 sets for quads....with are a much larger muscle group.
    Also I do the same amount of sets for bis and tris.
    18 sets for back should be good.
    chest looks ok, but is there a reason u don't use the bar, and only do db?
    I would do more sets for quads or add another exercise(hack squats, lunges, etc.).
    For me it takes more than 6 sets for hams also.
    What about calves?.........u gonna hit the calves?....you did say u would do lower back and something about stomach problems with abs.
    Bro it's not a bad split it just needs some crituquing(sp)....personal I like to hit it 5 days a week.
    Post some stats....your goals....is your diet in check? Give us a little more to go by and we can help out more.

ok well i think im goin to switch it up a little day1 chest, Day2 legs, day3 back and shoulders, day 4 arms then start again the following week cuz i jus did my chest yesterday and well my front delts are as sore as my chest. and i'll throw abs in twice a week.(decline sit-ups, legs raises- 3 sets 25-30 reps)

The reason why i was doing dumbell and not the bar is that i wasn't making gains with the bar so i was thinking of using the dbs for a little while(maybe my body jus needs to be shocked).

here are my stats (don't laugh)
    im 5 foot 8, 140lbs not sure on the bf but i think its probably around 15%
    goals:i would like to be 150lbs with about 9-10 % bf (quick as possible) i know its not goin to happen over nite.

ahh diet now my diet sucks i usually eat to get full (could be all junk carbs/empty calories) i could use alot of help in this part of life.

thanks

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    ok well i think im goin to switch it up a little day1 chest, Day2 legs, day3 back and shoulders, day 4 arms then start again the following week cuz i jus did my chest yesterday and well my front delts are as sore as my chest. and i'll throw abs in twice a week.(decline sit-ups, legs raises- 3 sets 25-30 reps)

The reason why i was doing dumbell and not the bar is that i wasn't making gains with the bar so i was thinking of using the dbs for a little while(maybe my body jus needs to be shocked).

here are my stats (don't laugh)
    im 5 foot 8, 140lbs not sure on the bf but i think its probably around 15%
    goals:i would like to be 150lbs with about 9-10 % bf (quick as possible) i know its not goin to happen over nite.

ahh diet now my diet sucks i usually eat to get full (could be all junk carbs/empty calories) i could use alot of help in this part of life.

thanks
    Bro diet is key if u want to add muscle and drop bf.....lose the empty calories and add good quality fats/carbs/protien.........eat every 2-2 1/2 hrs(every 3 hrs. tops) if at all possible....your very right it will not happen over night, but it can happen.

DB's can be a great change, just don't stick with only db's for to long....personal I like to mix it up each week......barbell, db's, cables, machines....doing presses and flyes....it's the constant change that my muscles react to........sometimes I even throw it a whole different routine(ex: forced reps or cheating reps or supersets or negatives) just to shock that one muscle group that needs it.

Thread Information