caturpilar is offline Associate Member

Hotel exercises???

Alright fellas, I've search this board for this question but to no avail. If someone knows a good link or has some ideas let me know please!! I have been in MD for 2 months now, limited access to a gym so I've been just doing stuff in my room. Here is what I do:

pushups, crunches, dips, lunges with my seabag, curls with my carry on, and behind the neck presses with my carry on bag also(filled with junk). Anymore ideas? thanks Cat

KeyMastur is offline VET
    depending on the archway where the bathroom door is, you can do pull ups. but if there is no border (which i don't think hotels put the border trim wood), then you can't unless you got one hell of a grip.

hell, you could use the door and basically do a palm out pull up. just prop the door open with your bag so it won't shut on your fingers and then grab the top of the door and pull up.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Off subject but love the Jesse avatar.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    ahh yes of course. I never thought of using the door, good one. It'll be a little awkward but it'll work till I get back home.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what MD is(maryland?) but your best bet is to go look in the yellow pages for a gym. I'd look for something along the lines of "The Iron Pitt" or something like that, and if you can find something like that, then there's always a golds or PH around usually, one of those types of franchise gyms, and i'm sure there's a gnc around so you can buy a couple pounds of protein while you're there for pwo.

You're not going to accomplish anything when you're in your hotel room.

realityarts is offline Member
    I like to do incline pushups or pushups between chairs. Sometime I'll have someone get on my shoulders, so that I can do squats...

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Dips between chairs. Inclined push ups. Put feet up on dresser and push from ground.

Pull ups from the actually door if the trim isnt there.
    Thats about it.
    Hotels suck

cb25 is offline Banned
    Agreed with bermich...hotels suck - but a hotel room workout is much better than nothing else.

Sounds like you've hit most of the basics, try adding handstand pushups (if the ceilings permit), weighted dips (set your bags on your lap and use chairs or bed or furniture),

Try doing everything as a circuit. Or try doing some plyos as well to hit legs...you could also do wall squats.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually. If you wanna over do the suggestions with the hotel thing, you can run up and down the stairs. That is a good leg workout.

For legs get a brick and do one legged standing calf raises... I guess you could also to that in the stairs.

Running up and down stairs is good, weigh yourself down if you can.

Get some elastics and do some forearm and wrist work.

Just a few quick thoughts...

Red

Thread Information