D unit 04 is offline New Member

squating and knee pain

just wondering, does anybodies knees hurt after doing their squats

my knees ache almost all the time

cb25 is offline Banned
    Mine do. I've got a torn ACL from a few years back, and it acts up when i do squats.

I just always make sure to warmup really well and stretch out before and after. And be really careful on your form. Other than that, not sure what i can offer...

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes yes knees, well what can I say. I think knees can become a great issue when doing squats, especially if you are really strong and can lift a fair bir of weight. Like cb25 said, warm up, and make sure you form is right. And by the way have you tried using knee straps? They are great, I couldnt train without them. I think by now that my knees would be broken long time ago if it wasnt for the straps I use. If your knees are hurting, I would highly recomend using knee straps along with a good enough warm up and having good form also. Be carefull and good luck

-Gear

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    my friend had problems with his knees after he did squats, he started warming up his knees by doing a few light sets of extensions, just enough to loosen up, and he said it helped a lot

Mandinka is offline Junior Member
    I do leg presses first , squats to beat the hell outta the rest of the quad.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Squats are the most natural movement for your body, even for those WITH knee problems.

Quad extensions, however, are not.

If your knees hurt from Squatting, try wrapping them up and going a little lighter on the weights. Safety and injury prevention is always a concern of mine when I rock the squat rack brah.

Anyways, good luck with the knee.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i didn't mean for him to substitute extensions for squats, just to do them LIGHTLY to get blood moving into the joint and surrounding muscle, which would help, i don't believe in using wraps, but i didn't say someone else was wrong for suggesting them, just trying to give an alternate opinion

D unit 04 is offline New Member
    thanx for the info. ill try warming up with leg extensions next week

it is odd. i always do a warm up set with 135, then 225 before i start my sets. they even hurt at 135. i am considering just layin off the squats for a while even though i will proly go insane. hopefully a week or 2 can do it

Thread Information