freakout is offline Associate Member

Suggestions for forearms workout

Perhaps due to my genes, I have very weak forearms and wrists.

They are so weak that it affects my shoulders and back workouts sometimes.

Guys do you have any suggestions of good workouts for forearms?

I know this question might have been asked before.

Perhaps someone could direct me on the thread or a good forearm workout.

Love to increase their strength in order to improve my other body parts as well.

Does push up helps?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't use straps and do deadlifts and shrugs. If not, just do the basics. Reverse wrist curls, reverse grip ez bar curls and even grab the heaviest dumbell you can grip and hold onto it for as long as you can.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I do

Reverse Curls 3 sets to failure
    Wrist Curls 3 sets to failure
    Reverse Wrist Curls 3 sets to failure

mass junkie is offline banned
    All those work but if you want the best exercise for Forearms than try this..........it'll have you walking around shaking your hands like a little bitch

Its called a wrist roller. I made one from 1" piece of dowel, a screw eye, a rope and a snap hook. I rolled the rope up and down once with my palms down and once with my palms up (equalled about 25-30 'wrist curls' each way). I started with a small weight and added 1-1/4 pounds every day, until I could not complete the rolling up and down and then backed off some and worked back up.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    All those work but if you want the best exercise for Forearms than try this..........it'll have you walking around shaking your hands like a little bitch

Its called a wrist roller. I made one from 1" piece of dowel, a screw eye, a rope and a snap hook. I rolled the rope up and down once with my palms down and once with my palms up (equalled about 25-30 'wrist curls' each way). I started with a small weight and added 1-1/4 pounds every day, until I could not complete the rolling up and down and then backed off some and worked back up.
    At my old gym someone made one............. The pumps from that were insane.

Thanks bro.. this is a bit tough to find... but i tried it before and it really burns...

I have to find a bar and some rope and a good screw to make this equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I do

Reverse Curls 3 sets to failure
    Wrist Curls 3 sets to failure
    Reverse Wrist Curls 3 sets to failure
    Alright. I am going to describe what you meant.. correct me if I am wrong..

Reverse curls
    =========

Standing up. Hold a bar with your palm facing the back. keep your bar behind your glutes and try to roll the bar in an upward directions...Correct?

Wrist curls
    =======

Seated position. Hold a bar with weights with your palms facing down. Roll your bar up till failure...

Reverse curls
    ==========

Same position. This time your palm will face upwards. Roll your bar down till failure.

Quote Originally Posted by freakout
    Alright. I am going to describe what you meant.. correct me if I am wrong..

Reverse curls
    =========

Standing up. Hold a bar with your palm facing the back. keep your bar behind your glutes and try to roll the bar in an upward directions...Correct?

Wrist curls
    =======

Seated position. Hold a bar with weights with your palms facing down. Roll your bar up till failure...

Reverse curls
    ==========

Same position. This time your palm will face upwards. Roll your bar down till failure.
    Reverse Curls: Stand like your doing straight bar curls but have your palms face the floor. Curl as you would doing straight bar curls.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The biggest thing to realize is the muscular make up of the forearms. You use your forearms all day long... you recruited them typing this thread!

Like calves, go for at least 40-50 seconds of time under tension and short rest intervals. Never lock out the movements. Using low reps on forearms won't produce much... use the heaviest weight possible with at least 40 seconds of tension per set (and 40 seconds of good form).

Bean666 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    The biggest thing to realize is the muscular make up of the forearms. You use your forearms all day long... you recruited them typing this thread!

Like calves, go for at least 40-50 seconds of time under tension and short rest intervals. Never lock out the movements. Using low reps on forearms won't produce much... use the heaviest weight possible with at least 40 seconds of tension per set (and 40 seconds of good form).

as reverse wrist curls go; i would try them behind your back; they are KILLER behind the back

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I wish I had naturally big forearms.... But I enjoy workin em.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I use a cambered bar with enough weight so that you can begin at about 20 reps. I do the movement by sitting down and resting my forearms on my quads, allowing my wrists to hang over the edge. I then go back and forth between wrist curls and reverse curls until I can't do another rep. When I'm finished I can barely hold on to the weights to take them off the bar.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Old school wrist roller...and wrist curls do the trick!

SonGoku is offline Associate Member

I've made one off those as well. Haven't been using it for a while though. True they give insane pumps. Better start using it again. My forearms could really use it. That's a weak spot for me as well as my calves. But hey those are weak spots for the majority.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Reverse barbell curls, minimal use of straps and reverse preacher curls

Thread Information