dominick0205 is offline New Member

skinny fat guy here...

Hi guys, I'm 5'11" and 165lbs (i know, start laughing now).
    But, I have developed a spare tire (pretty bad).

I checked my bodyfat with one of those tantita (sorry about the sp??) scales. Not sure how accurate they are but it read 18%. (if you have info on how accurate they are, please let me know). I figure I can at least measure if its going down this way, even if the actual number isn't accurate.

Anyway, I am on a great diet now and very strict with it. Eat mostly chicken, only drink water, some brocoli. Salmon and other fist. That is about it.

I want to get big but I decided I need to lose this bodyfat before I can work on getting some size. So I've been running on the treadmill. But now I'm hearing that to lose fat, I should be keeping my heartrate at 125 (BPM) (I'm 27).
    The weird thing is when I walk up to the machine, I'm already at like 110 BPM.
    So I have to basically walk to keep the rate at 125. Is this correct? Is it actually worse if I'm running and my heart is at like 160 BMP?
    Last edited by dominick0205; 11-22-2003 at 11:06 AM.

Bean666 is offline Junior Member
    putting muscle on also helps burn fat too; more muscle means enhanced metabolism; i've got several girls working a program like that... they run an ECA stack, protein, and do heavy weight training... and they burn off a lot of fat and look GREAT from the muscle size increase

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member

mdd
    mdd is offline Junior Member
    i'd say screw it and just start bulking up right now... dont even worry about the fat loss, once you hit a point where you've gained suffiecient size in your mind, start a killer cutter diet such as ckd and it'll melt off

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    There are scales that tell you your target heart rate. If you exceed your target heart rate then You stop burning fat and your body will go catabolic.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah. Go to target or any sports shop and they sell cheap ones for like 20 bucks.

My friend is the skinny fat guy. Has a skinny frame but a big gut. Kinda funny. Too much beer and tv.

Thread Information