chinups Guest

Getting my wind back

Taking a physical exam. I need to get my wind up, I want to be able to do it and not be that exhausted. I was going to do 20 minutes stairmaster mon-wed-fri. Then run in morning tues-thurs-sat. What do you guys think, I don't care about muscle loss or anything else besides my wind.

Thanks

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    what is your questions. How long are you going to have to run for the physical exam.

chinups Guest
    There is a practice area you can run, it is identical to the test, I ran it in 3.28 but I was dry heaving for 30minutes. It is a med walk but you do it with a 40lb vest on, the hardest part is twelve fleights of stares with the vest and 50lb bag. I don't need to be able to run forever just need major wind so I canmake it through it.

Thanks

Firefighters exam?

Red

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    i would stick to sprinting, and get used to that, but if it is a distance thing, than sprinting would suck for you. Not quite sure, but maybe others can help.

cb25 is offline Banned
    I'd say just practice...try to simulate the conditions you'll be tested under. If you'll have to wear a weight vest, then load up a jacket...

the more you're used to the actual conditions, the better off you'll be...

solidj55 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    I'd say just practice...try to simulate the conditions you'll be tested under. If you'll have to wear a weight vest, then load up a jacket...

the more you're used to the actual conditions, the better off you'll be...
    I agree with this but also try interval walk/jog/sprint. This seems to work really well for me. I do it on the treadmill.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solidj55
    I agree with this but also try interval walk/jog/sprint. This seems to work really well for me. I do it on the treadmill.
    Good point...i like interval training as well...i try to do mine on a football/soccer field...

chinups Guest
    Well like I said they have practice exam areas (same exact test). I ran it the first time @ 3 min 28 seconds, second time I did 2 min 57 seconds. From what everyone says anything under 3 min 5 seconds is good. The record is 2 min 24 sec. I am doing practice exam 2x a wk. I am shooting for 2.24, I mean I mine as well because that is the best time right.

Thanks guys

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Well cardio is def something you have to have some time to train for. When I did Detroit Fire's agility test I just got of the military so I was in pretty good shape.

chinups Guest
    True man. Thanks everyone
    Wish me luck

Thread Information