njguy is offline New Member

Is this workout good for gaining size

hello i just registered today but ive been on this site for a while learning alot. Anyways ive been lifting for quiet some time since 16 im 20 now im 5'9 and weigh 183 with 12% bf. Im looking to one day be around 220lbs or more, im trying to take myself as far as i can without an AS first.

recently i thought about changing my workout from a pyramid style to a 4x8 in which i would choose one weight and only raise the weight once i could complete the 4 sets for 8 reps then the next week go up weight and start over. Im not sure what u guys call this style but was wondering if its good for what im trying to do ? i like the sound of it cuz its more orgainized and systematic. To be specific ill give an example say for bench presses i start with 230lbs and do 4x8 and during the exercise i get 8,8,6,4 then come back next week and get 8,8,8,8 so the next time i bench ill go up weight. did anyone every hear of this kind of workout? can u give me some pros and cons of it

thanks for all your help in advance
    Last edited by njguy; 11-27-2003 at 09:23 PM.

njguy is offline New Member
    can anyone help???

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    there's a million different ways to run your reps/sets, if the way you're doing it works for you, stick with it, as long as you're seeing gains, imo there are more effecient ways, i.e. less sets, less reps, heavier weights, personally i switch between 1 set to failure for 6-8 reps per body part, to a 5X5 system, that works best for me

Thread Information