Thread: smoke herb?

askingforit is offline Junior Member

Talking smoke herb?

Just wondering if any one here likes to smoke....before or after workouts? Today I puffed before I went and did my back/bis, and I got intense as ever in the gym! Anybody think that smoking is a bad thing for working out?

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    If you don't think that it affects your workouts then you should be good. Bud may lower your test levels a bit but if you can keep your intensity in the gym and can stay motivated to go then by all means do what you feel makes you happy. Some people can get really lazy when smoking weed, then not be motivated to go to the gym. I get like that when I go on one of my drinking binges. Hangovers are a bitch!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Smoking??

I for one have never understood the concept of catching a buz before going to the gym. I have several friends who tend to favopr that but for me it only takes away from my focous in the gym. I do know that smokeing weed while on AS can promt a higher chance of getting geno. Not to mention the possible side effects that it may have on your diet. I personllly would have to give a thumbs down on such pratices. It just does'nt make any sense to me. But that's just my opion.
    IC

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i love to smoke, but i have never done it before i workout. i like to be totally clearheaded when i lift. after the workout, well that's a different story

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member

Thumbs down

I love to smoke, but before the GYM. C'mon. I'm going there to give my all, I can't do that stoned. When I'm stoned I eat, watch tv and just hang out. Like dane said I rather go there clearheaded.

BTW. Is smoking bad as a whole concept when you're BB (I mean like for gaining mass ect.)

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Geno

Originally posted by GenuinePL

BTW. Is smoking bad as a whole concept when you're BB (I mean like for gaining mass ect.)
    I have read in several articles here at AR and else where that as far as gains go smoking weed does not hurt you one bit. It can promte a higher chance of getting geno though.
    IC

askingforit is offline Junior Member

interesting responses

well if it lowers your test levels when you're using gear then I don't see why it would be any different if you're not, it would probably still have that neg effect. I don't think that is true though. I've never heard that smoking actually lowers your test levels. I don't necessarily think that it could be helping me in any way other than somehow I do feel more focused in the gym when I do smoke. So...I guess I won't quit until I feel that it's hurting me. Interesting to see that some of you on here do smoke though, thanks for the responses.

jtnhtown is offline New Member
    I've got to tell you about my last weekend. I think this is funny.

I've been hitting it hard in the gym lately. Jogging 5.1 miles in the morning four days out of the week and hitting the weights hard in the evening. I'm seeing significant results and I can really tell how my BF is wondering what the hell is going on.

Anyway, I get back from the gym this past Friday and my roommate just scored some of the best bud I've ever smoked. This is the bud that costs like $120 a 1/4. It was great! Anyway, we smoked and then went to meet some friends for dinner at this vietnamese restaurant. After we ate like there was no tomorrow, we went back to my buddies house and hung out. I continued to eat until about 1:00am.

Saturday, I woke up around 9:30a and went to the gym and got a good workout in. when I got home, I smoked a little bit about noon and then I went to lunch and then to a friends wedding shower. To make a long story short, I ate from noon until about 7:00p that night.

Sunday, I woke up and had a bad breakfast because Sunday is my day of rest and eating whatever I want. I smoked again on Sunday around noon while I was watching the Patriots beat the shit out of the Steelers and I started eating again. I ate & ate & ate.

Monday morning when I went to the gym, I was 5 lbs heavier then I was when I left the gym on Friday evening. Granted, I'm sure there are some other reasons for this, but I know smoking makes me eat like there is no tomorrow. I love it though. I'm planning to quit smoking for a while until I reach my goal and then I might start up again, but in the meantime, it makes me too hungry.

solid90062 is offline Member
    Bad Idea...You lose focus and could possibly hurt yourself or hurt someone else...It may not happen but is it really worth the risk?

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    I agree with dane.I smoke lots of herb but only after training.it mellows me out and makes me a bit lazy,something I try to avoid when I'm at the gym.who would wantna be all mellow and calm when you're trying to get an intense workout?? I dont know about ya'll but not me..I'll wait till after to smoke some b loads and chill...

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Smoke of any kind . . .

Interesting question . . . I just got done writing a response on whether Ritalin improves the intensity of a workout (it's in one of the Ritalin threads, and my conclusion: it doesn't), and I would have to give the same response to toking and exercise.

Smoking weed doesn't do anything for your strength, as the primary effect of weed is to mellow you out. You may lift a weight and say, "Wow," but it will simply have a more ethereal sound.

If anything, I would think that weed reduces the intensity of lifting, just as opiates would. Again, you may think you're doing something more efficiently, but the truth is that you are simply doing it with a different awareness or perception - you may feel you are lifting more efficiently but, in fact, you are probably lifting less efficiently.

One of the things that wasn't mentioned is the effect of the smoke itself. Whether tobacco or weed, smoke can contribute to the development of osteoporosis ("brittle bones"). Therefore, it could be argued that smoking anything has a destructive effect, whether immediate or potential, on the body as a whole.

(I have to admit that back in my weed days, I rarely smoked it. I was studying voice at the time, and knew that smoking anything made the voice operate less efficiently. I did, however, do lots of weed in, shall we say, alternative forms - spaghetti sauce, brownies, salads, etc. Not only was there no smoke effect, it was a more mellow high. On the other hand, I haven't done weed at all since a lot of you guys were born. I've also become a virgin again. Alright, not really . . .)

Jtnhtown also brings up a great point: One of the primary physical effects of weed is a heavy-duty case of the munchies. I guess you could hypothesize that a weed diet could have gaining effects, but that's simply because you eat a lot more. (Damn, bro! You're really making me feel old now - last time I smoked, grass was still around $20 an ounce, not $120!)

Ditto Dane26's point about being clear-headed. Shit, if I have 300 pounds of weights hovering over me, I want to be as clear-headed as possible. If you're lifting under a buzz, I can guarantee that your form is sloppier than it would be if your head was clear. Your breathing will also not be as efficient, your coordination will be skewed, ad infinitum, ad nauseam . . .

All that said, smoking weed is still less harmful than drinking booze (sorry, guys, but that's just the way it is) as well as less harmful than cigarettes. That's not a reason to do it, but if you're going to do it at all, do it intelligently. And, IMO/FWIW, doing it before a workout doesn't fall into that category.

aint that the truth..

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Great post TNT.

I'm trying to stay away from drinking and there is no other way to get me F**ked up. I don't do pills and I only smoe twice a week.

Sticking with weed.

potent is offline Junior Member
    i have heard that smoking weed lowers test levels, but i have never read that anywhere. can somebody point me in the right direction. preferably something legit with sources that back it. i'm not talking about a book or a person to talk to. i am talking about something online.

dude,you wont find it because its bullshit..I have never read anything about that or anything even close..let me fill you in on something here.anytime theres a substance thats illegal you will hear and read quite a bit of misinformation about that substance..take anabolic steroids for example.theres alot of bullshit about them that has been published as well as half truths.we who have been there and done that know what the real risks are and what they arent.same thing with herb.I've been smoking it on and off for over 10 years and I dont have any of the suppossed side effects..I'm not slow at all,I dont have gyno,I'm a totally motivated person,it hasnt wrecked my family,it hasnt lead me to other hard drugs,it hasnt led me to any other choices I wouldnt have made with or without it.just remember the old addage : dont believe anything you hear and half of what you see or read...

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

"Why, soitainly!"*

Originally posted by potent
    i have heard that smoking weed lowers test levels, but i have never read that anywhere. can somebody point me in the right direction. preferably something legit with sources that back it. i'm not talking about a book or a person to talk to. i am talking about something online.
    How about several thousand references?

Easy - go to any search engine like Yahoo and do a search on "marijuana and testosterone " (without the quotation marks). You'll find 8,700 references and can click to your heart's content.

Hint . . . For credibility purposes, stick with academic and professional references where possible. Avoid any that have a predisposition toward editorizliaing (like, say, the National Constipated Parents' Campaign Against Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll). Inicidentally, that's a general rule of Internet research, along with the other cardinal rule, "Never use a website that has something to sell" (it means that they also have presuppositional approaches).

Look, the bottom line is simple: As with anything ranging from drinking to toking to using AS, you have to set priorities. Yes, it can be documented (at least to my satisfaction) that weed lowers test levels. So you have to decide how important it is to get a buzz versus not to lower your test levels. But, as everyone knows, booze can do the same thing. (How many of you can be horny and drop-dead drunk at the same time? Alright, don't start posting answers - it was a rhetorical question.)

But I trust you get the point: Sometimes you may want a buzz, and sometimes you may want to get horny. Sometimes you may want to max your test levels for one reason or another, and sometimes you don't give a particular fuck. (Figuratively and literally.) After all, guys, let's stay real here. The ultimate issue is not whether we can toke and lift, it's whether we can toke and boink our significant others (or our insignificant others). Unfortunately, this is real life: You can't have your cake and eat it, too. (I don't know why they put it that way, but some dork thought of that expression.)

In the meantime, I wouldn't sweat it. We make decisions like these every day. Hell, just ask anyone who has ever had deca dick . . .

netwerk is offline New Member

errr

Who knows...but I hate the high I get on bud. Plus, I notice that the people who've been smoking bud for a long period of time have that "DUH" stupid look on their face. I dun wanna look stupid. hah.

BenchPressKing is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by netwerk
    Who knows...but I hate the high I get on bud. Plus, I notice that the people who've been smoking bud for a long period of time have that "DUH" stupid look on their face. I dun wanna look stupid. hah.
    everybody smokes weed man... its just that the only ones you realize smoke it are the "duh" people. Carl Sagan smoked it all the time, and he was one of the brightest minds of our era.

BenchPressKing is offline New Member
    TNT - you are wrong about that, there has never been 1 single non-biased study that showed marijuana use lowers testosterone levels . The most recent study actually showed that the levels remain unaffected.

http://www.anesth.uiowa.edu/readabst...MID=0001935564

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by man_of_steel
    dude,you wont find it because its bullshit..I have never read anything about that or anything even close..let me fill you in on something here.anytime theres a substance thats illegal you will hear and read quite a bit of misinformation about that substance..take anabolic steroids for example.theres alot of bullshit about them that has been published as well as half truths.we who have been there and done that know what the real risks are and what they arent.same thing with herb.I've been smoking it on and off for over 10 years and I dont have any of the suppossed side effects..I'm not slow at all,I dont have gyno,I'm a totally motivated person,it hasnt wrecked my family,it hasnt lead me to other hard drugs,it hasnt led me to any other choices I wouldnt have made with or without it.just remember the old addage : dont believe anything you hear and half of what you see or read...
    Sorry guys for the profanity. But AFUCKINMAN.....This is so damn true. Here is me, smoke on a occasion maybe not as much as others, but a good amount...3.59 all college gpa, work at an awesome gym, pt, nice apartment, made the deans list 3 times and graduated with honors when receiving my AA degree...Im never not motivated and I love living life, never did ANY hard drugs......

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by talon
    Sorry guys for the profanity. But AFUCKINMAN.....This is so damn true. Here is me, smoke on a occasion maybe not as much as others, but a good amount...3.59 all college gpa, work at an awesome gym, pt, nice apartment, made the deans list 3 times and graduated with honors when receiving my AA degree...Im never not motivated and I love living life, never did ANY hard drugs......

I used to smoke before going to the gym every time i went i had the best pumps i have ever had before on it and my concentration was unreal. I have never had such a mind muscle connection like that. loved it

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I dont know about smoking weed before workouts, but I love getting shitfaced. You get that buzz going so you can really concentrate on hitting the weights. Puking over stuff makes it look like your really putting it to the bricks. You can rage on stuff and stumble around slapping people and the next day you wont remember.. but youll be sore so you musta got a good workout..... COME ON GUYS!!!! THINK!!!!! Any harmful outside source isnt good for lifting. I can just see people with blunts hanging out of their mouths trying to bench. "Hold on let me go shoot some heroin real quick... I can really concentrate then". I dont know about some people these days.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    O ya and if you use crack to cut.... just think of the results.... " I lost 120 lbs in 8 weeks"

vivid is offline New Member
    hey talon ( i'am never not) and you had a 3.59 in college. ok

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    hey talon ( i'am never not) and you had a 3.59 in college. ok
    LOL...bwa ha ha ha.....How about Ive never lost motivation in life and have never consumed hard drugs. I will take you to my level vivid, if you wanna come...... Hey talon, "I'm never not" (remember qoute. marks for it is me that is talking, oh and yes its a double neg. But, what the hell, is this grammer class?) and you have (remember bro this is present tence) a 3.59gpa (remember gpa) in college. Ok.....
    Last edited by talon; 09-10-2003 at 12:29 AM.

vivid is offline New Member
    ha ha talon i'am blowed right now so why don't you go and smoke so that you can come to my level. just kidding with you. my gpa is not as big as yours but my arms are bigger than yours. smoke on bro.

Quote Originally Posted by vivid
    ha ha talon i'am blowed right now so why don't you go and smoke so that you can come to my level. just kidding with you. my gpa is not as big as yours but my arms are bigger than yours. smoke on bro.
    Alright, bro, I jumped the gun on that one. As everyone knows on this board, by now, I am a defensive person. I wish I had a joint to smoke, that would be tight as shiznet right now. Sorry bro, my bad I shouldnt have came off like an azz. Bro, to yourself, smoke on.........

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    enraged me and u are the only oens who feel this way i get a great muscle mind connection when high i smoke about a quarter a day too i have a bad habit but im the gym day in day out and smoking has really helped me. I honestly say i smoke for my diet and training. I dont smoke to get big but i time it that way. I always make sure i smoke before shakes creatine drinks and workouts. The workouts when i am high are just simply amazing no other way to put it

Thread Information