Thread: upper chest????

gymrat21 is offline New Member

upper chest????

can anybody give me a few exercises that hit the upper chest, im strugglin a bit when it comes to this part of my chest. I dont know what exercises to do that will just focus on this area??? thanx

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    have you tried inclines? Flys? both?

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    try doing incline bench first in your routine, the priority principle, whatever area is lacking, do that exercise first, also, when you're doing incline, make sure you are sticking your chest out, keeping elbows wide so you're not emphasizing front delt too much

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Incline Barbell or Dumbell Presses and Incline Flyes all hit the upper chest...

As far as max fiber recruitment for the Pectoralis Minor (upper chest), based on EMG results here are the top three: Incline dumbell bench press, 91; Incline bench press (olympic), 85; Incline dumbell flys, 83...

gymrat21 is offline New Member
    shoul di be swtiching the incline db press with the incline bb press every workout, or just stay the db's for a couple weeks then switch over to bb's??????

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat21
    shoul di be swtiching the incline db press with the incline bb press every workout, or just stay the db's for a couple weeks then switch over to bb's??????
    I don't see anything wrong with switching up. With dumbell presses you get a greater range of motion then you do with barbell, but the barbell press is what i would stick to for overall mass.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gymrat21
    Personally I prefer to have at least one barbell movement because you can put a maximum load on the muscle group this way. Using it first in the routine when you are the freshest. So I would say, for the most part, Incline Barbell with Flat Dumbell or Flat Barbell with Incline Dumbell. And then move on to Incline Flyes and what not...

wannagrow is offline New Member
    I agree completely, that is exactly what i do, incline barbell, then flat db, onto flyes. mainly due to injury to start with, and once i started doing it like this, i actually started getting better gains on my upper chest.

Ive always done incline first and then flat bb, but i think i used to hold off a bit on incline so that i could go as heavy as possible on flat bb. now i just go as hard as i can on incline because that is my heavy bb movement now.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    anything on the incline and db pullovers

cb25 is offline Banned
    My personal fav - DB incline press superset with DB incline flys...

you can always do cable crossovers on an incline bench (from the low pulley station) as well

needtbbig is offline Junior Member
    you can always do cable crossovers on an incline bench (from the low pulley station) as well[/QUOTE]

what cb25 said this is a great ex for the upper chest this is my fav ex.

Thread Information