Preacher curls
    Seated alternating dumbell curls
    Hammer curls

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree with ironmike7000
    but Preacher curls tend to hurt me
    so i use standing ez-bar curls instead

Jenna is offline Female Member
    I've noticed that I've gained a lot of size doing straight bar curls and isolated cable curls.... focus on stretching the muscle each rep and pinching it tight at the end.... I've got an inch yet to gain!!! Then maybe I'll be satisfied.... or maybe not....

<<<< JENNA >>>>

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Not trying to be an ass here, but best one is the one you have tested and figured out works best for you! Try a lot of different things write down results and that way you can sort out what works for you and what does not. Including reps range etc..

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with eye_candy everyone is different. You have to experiment with different bicep exercises to see what works for you the best. That includes low or high repititions too.

BIGBry is offline Junior Member
    I do straight bar, hammers, and then top it off with isolation. I do have nice peak but look to put on overall size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails best biceps routine-bicep.jpg  

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    Try adding in some supersets to your workout.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    Those are good excersises. when you do the staning dumbel or sitting dumbel curls when you come up with them turn your wrists outward. it stretches em more.. feel sgood. Everyone forgot concentration curls.... ANd one thing i do is a last set get the barbell, do a semi heavy weight maybe what youw ould use to warm up or somehting (you might need help bringing the wieght up) come down really slowly. REALYY SLOWLY.. like count 15 secionds. you'll feel every muscle ripping. bro it feels awesome.. the slower you go and the longer you hold. Have a spotteer help you with the weight up but ust come down really slow...

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    for me, its heavy straight bar curls, for 4 sets to absolute failure, and 3 sets of dumbell curl to failure. everything done heavy. thats how i added the most mass to my bi's, and they are my best bodypart. once you move on to the advanced stages, and start refining, then add isolation movements.

Dbolaholic is offline Junior Member
    And anything Bigkev sayes listen to. Just look at the man, hes a friggin animal.

Luke is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by DevilsDeity
    i agree with ironmike7000
    but Preacher curls tend to hurt me
    so i use standing ez-bar curls instead
    They used to really hurt my elbows, but then someone told me to sit lower when I do them, that way your elbows will not press on the pad. Since then, no more pain.

Cheers.

BIGBry is offline Junior Member
    I do the 4 straight bars already then 3 set of hammers, followed by iso. curls for 3 set. And shit will you tell everybody deca is great for the arms.

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    hey big kev do you stay at the same weight when you work out like that. Cause i tried doing that maybe i did not take enough rest or osmehitng cause then the next set my reps were cut in half. How much rest do you take??

i am thinking about changing my arm work out since my arms don't freakn grow

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    im with what big kev said, straight bars and dumbell curls feel sooo good. Today i got so pumped it was painful to get through my routine, could barely get full range of motion.

I also like to do cables and preachers at the end with lower weight and try to squeeze my biceps as hard as i can

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i work up to my heaviest weight and get a set of 4-6 cheat curls, then i work down in weight from there.

NASH is offline New Member
    I dont know if anyone mentioned them , but if its mass you are looking for try fitting in 3 sets of heavy incline dumbell alternate curls. Guaranteed or your money back. Good luck bros.

Big Show 23 Guest
    Originally posted by NASH
    I dont know if anyone mentioned them , but if its mass you are looking for try fitting in 3 sets of heavy incline dumbell alternate curls. Guaranteed or your money back. Good luck bros.
    Good call NASH I love finishing off my biceps workout with 1 set of heavy inclines.Inclines totally isolate the biceps and it's close to impossible to cheat on incline curls

nusiot is offline Junior Member
    Whats supersetting???? and how many exercises do u's recc. for Bies??

slamd097 is offline Banned
    super setting:

Here is an example of a super set.

Biceps:

preacher curls: 4 sets 8-10 reps, back off of the preacher curl
    the dumb bells:

Alt db curles 4 sets 8-10 reps, drop the weight, grab the straight bar and do a set of crazy sevens....

it is kind of like an aerobic style exercise, where you exaust the muscle is all aspects. The biceps get hit in both heads using this work out. You can do them for all of your muscles but I would only do it if i stopped gaining.

if you are at a road block, try german sets...10 sets of 10 reps...that will definately shock the hell out of your muscles and you learn how to speak german part way through the routine.

nusiot is offline Junior Member
    ah so, if u reach a Plateau in ur gaining mass part u start that German thing, to get ur body into gear again?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I always do 3 sets each of preacher, dumbell incline, and hammer, then try to thow in soime other stuff, taht varies each week. I have core exersizes that I do every time and other different ones that I do on occasion when I feel like it. I saw someone doing something the other day and asked him about it and am trying it. It is essentially a seated curl, byt you turn you shoulder 90 degrees so that the down motion is at your side (rather than in front of you). I am not sure what the exersize is called, but it seems to be really good at getting definition between the shoulder musche and the bicept.

slamd097 is offline Banned
    yup..the german thing works, but you need to take a week off what ever body part you work on. also all of the movements are basics. No iso's or any specialized movements. All of them have to be worked.

Thread Information