KingJames23 is offline Associate Member

My chest and tri workouts.... help...

Well ive been working out for about a year now 4 times a week, and i consider myself to be one of the best athletes in my city. Ive already been talking to some football schools... I get by on the field because of my athletic ability and not my stregnth...

My chest workout includes.... 3 sets of bench, 3 sets of incline and then i do either dips one day or another chest MACHINE.. for tris i do 3 sets of pulldowns and then i do something where i put my hands on a bench facing out and touch my hands together while in a sitting posistion and i bend down and touch my ass to the ground....

My bench has gone up a little bit but for as much as i workout i should be reppin 200 pounds and i can only get 155 up 15 times...

I think if i can get a stronger upper body it should help me at the next level... all help is needed.... thnks

cdog is offline Associate Member
    www.metalmilitia.com Try this out brother ......CDOG

KingJames23 is offline Associate Member
    cdog, that link didnt work??? is the wrong site???

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Why are you worried about your bench press #'s if you're a football player? A bench press won't help much on the feild without a stronger lower body.

You should be concerned about training and strengthening your core- Lower back, abs,glutes and hams.

You need to train specificly for your sport and position. That includes speed work. Figure out where you need work- Starting speed, acceleration speed, Max speed.

Then pick your exercises and drills with these specific goals in mind.

xxxl83

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    You could also check out www.elitefts.com and read through the articles.

xxxl83

slamd097 is offline Banned
    also check your grip on your bench. if it is to narrow you might be using more of your tri's or more of your chest rather then both. Also, I agree with the fact, train your lower half, abs and legs like a mad man. Look at athletes like Jerry Rice and Shannon Sharpe, (i know there are more and others but just bear with me) they have huge ****in legs, and a decent upper body.

for increases, try moving to heavier movements and incorporate a day of training just for increasing your bench. train all of the muscles involved in that movement. Both individually and as a whole.

Thread Information