Thread: Getting Bigger

GsRb0i is offline New Member

Getting Bigger

I weigh 175lbs been working out for you a year and was wondering what kind of work out chest,shoulders back, biceps triceps, and legs i should do to get bigger and cut at the same time i want to be at least 195 stacked this is how i look now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting Bigger-dany-mirror-07.jpg  

Here are some more pixs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Getting Bigger-dany-mirror-01a.jpg  
    Last edited by GsRb0i; 11-25-2003 at 08:50 PM.

microphobia is offline New Member
    Well your asking alot there,the best way is to try and bulk up as much as you can through winter then cut up during spring. If you really must stay lean all the time then your diet with have to be very clean with a ton of good cals high protien. keep your reps for compound movements at6-8 and your isolation movements at 10-12

Quote Originally Posted by microphobia
    Well your asking alot there,the best way is to try and bulk up as much as you can through winter then cut up during spring. If you really must stay lean all the time then your diet with have to be very clean with a ton of good cals high protien. keep your reps for compound movements at6-8 and your isolation movements at 10-12
    well i wanna bulk up a little out 15lbs of muscles i eat all the time and lift heavy for like 2 yrs with minimal gains

Bean666 is offline Junior Member
    wont happen; to gain 20lbs of muscle you're going to have to eat like a horse and gain around 25lbs total...

unless you got the genetics or are using certain 'enhancements' you're not going to gain lots of weight and keep yourself at the same bodyfat...

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    What does your current workout routine look like?

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Inclines barbell presses, dumbell presses overhead, squats, deadlifts, barbell curls, bent rows and chins, tricep extension overhead with dumbell. All basic movements 8=10 reps 2 warmup sets and then 2 to near failure. Each bodypart once a week, 250 grams of protien a day and at least 8 hours sleep. A couple years of this and you'll be nearly at your genetic potential. Of course you can add variety to keep away boredom but stick to basic movements with maximum intensity.

Workout

Well on Monday i work out on chest bench 205lbs 6-7 reps; incline 155lbs 6-7 reps; decline 205lbs 5-7 reps; Flys on fly machine 160lbs

Tuesday shoulders and back military press 5-7 reps 135lbs; Rows 6-7 times 70lbs; back extensions; shoulder flys; shoulder raises; back flys; chainsaws on bench

Wednesday Biceps triceps; Dumbbells 45lbs 10 reps, Skull Crushers 90lbs 8reps; Kickbacks 20lbs dumbells 10 reps, preacher curls ext.

Thurs Legs Squats. Leg press, Lunges, calf raises,

I heard you have to lift really heavy to get bigger like how much weight and how many reps??? Specially my chest i have trouble getting as big as i want it to look what should i do and the same with the other shoulders and back and legs

Workout

Is it better to you use dumbells or barbells on chest???? and is it good to pre-exhaust before you lift heavy???

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    IMO, it is much better to use dumbells on chest. This is simply because when you use the barbell, when bringing down the barbell it can only go down to your chest and no further. This isnt too good as you cant get that full stretch coz the barbell wont go past your chest. However, with dumbells, because there is no bar crossing your chest, you can bring them down past your chest a lot further and get that full stretch. It makes it a little harder but its really good. I have found that dumbells do wonders for me, a lot better then the barbell anyways, but try alternating and using both every now and then.

-Gear

Workout

Aite thanx i try that tomorrow then another question. In order to get real big do you have to lift heavy weights 6-7 reps??? for 4 sets????

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    have you ever seen a 150 lb guy squat 900lbs? obviously not, so it would make sense that big weights = big muscles, the question you should ask is how do i get as strong as possible?

Getting Bigger

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    have you ever seen a 150 lb guy squat 900lbs? obviously not, so it would make sense that big weights = big muscles, the question you should ask is how do i get as strong as possible?
    Yes how do i get as strong as possible

calidude is offline Senior Member
    Remember to grow first then cut later.

Quote Originally Posted by calidude
    Remember to grow first then cut later.
    Yah its hard for me to gain mass i eat like 5 meals a day to the point i get sick of eating and then eat some more but i only gained like 5lbs in like 3months i want to get some mass then lean up. im 6'2 weigh around 180lbs right now want to get around 195lb i heard that there was a program that gets you cut and a little bigger from steroids if so what is and what a the dosages???

there's a lot of debate as to the best way to gain muscle size and strength, in my opinion, if you employ the big weights = size theory, is train like a powerlifter, it's a lot of info to give here, but there are plenty of websites devoted to powerlifting, do a google search
    here's a good site:
    http://strengthnspeed.tripod.com/Pow...iftingTips.htm

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I think it's better to use dumbells on chest, it gives you a bigger range of motion. Ahh....to get bigger you're gonna have to eat like a starving ethiopian would in a buffet bro. I went from 140-180 in two months, but it wasn't easy but it was **** well worth it!!! Just stick to the basics..Eat good, train hard, and sleep well. And you might wanna pick up some weight gainers as well just my .2cents.

microphobia is offline New Member
    Just wondering how old are you?
    I had the same problem as far as gaing weight,I lifted heavy ate like a horse "so I thought" it wasnt till I learned what eating was, then I started gaining.
    Just lifting heavy and taking protein wont cut it,
    I weighed 175lbs.was squating 500 deadlifting 500
    benching 250.
    then started looking into more real food as aposed to shakes,4000 cals a day plus 300grms protein then the weight started to come. I you have that hard of a time gaining then dont be concerned about bf% it wont be much.

Quote Originally Posted by microphobia
    Just wondering how old are you?
    I had the same problem as far as gaing weight,I lifted heavy ate like a horse "so I thought" it wasnt till I learned what eating was, then I started gaining.
    Just lifting heavy and taking protein wont cut it,
    I weighed 175lbs.was squating 500 deadlifting 500
    benching 250.
    then started looking into more real food as aposed to shakes,4000 cals a day plus 300grms protein then the weight started to come. I you have that hard of a time gaining then dont be concerned about bf% it wont be much.
    Im 22 yours old and weigh like around 180lbs

Quote Originally Posted by GsRb0i
    Im 22 yours old and weigh like around 180lbs
    Whats the quickest way to get a bullet proof chest???

jakky is offline New Member
    hey guys, im 18yrs old from the UK. I'm 19 in March and want to gain muscle, i am 6ft 1" and weigh around 80kgs, i am toned (ripped/cut) from my swimming, i swim for a club. I just need some more muscle, i look too skinny. I lift 28kg dumbells on bench press.
    I know i need to eat more, but what is best to eat? and u say u need to eat first then 'cut', so how do i do this?
    any help is greatful guyz
    -jak

Quote Originally Posted by jakky
    hey guys, im 18yrs old from the UK. I'm 19 in March and want to gain muscle, i am 6ft 1" and weigh around 80kgs, i am toned (ripped/cut) from my swimming, i swim for a club. I just need some more muscle, i look too skinny. I lift 28kg dumbells on bench press.
    I know i need to eat more, but what is best to eat? and u say u need to eat first then 'cut', so how do i do this?
    any help is greatful guyz
    -jak
    you might get a better response if you started a thread in the diet forum

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    you might get a better response if you started a thread in the diet forum
    I would have to give him a true that> what is the best exercise to work your abs?

Quote Originally Posted by GsRb0i
    I would have to give him a true that> what is the best exercise to work your abs?
    and how many times should you hit abs a week?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    its really hard to gain a lot of weight and stay lean
    YUP it sure is

Thread Information