Tock is offline Anabolic Member

Doing both AM and PM workouts

What's the advantage to splitting up workouts where half is done in the AM and the rest in the PM? And does it make all that much of a difference in making gains?
    Thanx,
    -Tock

KeyMastur is offline VET
    are you talking 2-a-days or just like AM cardio and PM weights ?

or doing 1 workout, half in the morning, half in the evening. i knew a guy once who did the whole chest / tri, back / bi split. he would do chest in the early afternoon. come back later in the evening after his tri's have rested some and do them.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    There's no advantage!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    are you talking 2-a-days or just like AM cardio and PM weights ?

or doing 1 workout, half in the morning, half in the evening. i knew a guy once who did the whole chest / tri, back / bi split. he would do chest in the early afternoon. come back later in the evening after his tri's have rested some and do them.
    -------

Yah, doing 1 workout, half in the morning, half in the evening.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    There's no advantage!
    there might be a little bit. depending on the workout split, it could give your smaller muscles a lot more rest time than the usual time (2 min or whatever you take between exercises). i know i'm always strongest on things like dips when i go straight into them first, and not after doing some chest exercises. things like that.

i knew a guy once who did the whole chest / tri, back / bi split. he would do chest in the early afternoon. come back later in the evening after his tri's have rested some and do them.
    Despite the time constraints of weight training 2x a day it must be hel on the Central Nervous System.

If training 4 or more days a week is a hassle try then try famimiarizing yourself with a powerlifting program. The best one I have come across to date has to be "Doggcrapp's Routine." Do a search on it or check out the thread at animals site. In a nutshell its a 3 day split hitting each bodypart twice in 8 days. The workouts usually take 45 mins to complete.

~US~

there might be a little bit. depending on the workout split, it could give your smaller muscles a lot more rest time than the usual time (2 min or whatever you take between exercises). i know i'm always strongest on things like dips when i go straight into them first, and not after doing some chest exercises. things like that.
    You can always separate chest day from arms day and so forth. I know my tris are usaully shot following a chest workout so I save arms for the end of the week.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    You can always separate chest day from arms day and so forth. I know my tris are usaully shot following a chest workout so I save arms for the end of the week.
    yeah that's what i usually do. or just do the arm muscle that isn't involved in that day's workout. one work out i did i had a complete arm day. the one i'm involved in now incorporates back with tri's, shoulder with bi's. i like this one a lot better b/c i'm not working for hypertrophy as much on my arms.

it just all depends on what his workout looks like. i myself would never hit the gym 2 times in one day unless it's AM cardio and PM weights.

AntiDrugDude is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    What's the advantage to splitting up workouts where half is done in the AM and the rest in the PM? And does it make all that much of a difference in making gains?
    Thanx,
    -Tock

This is my opinion about splitting workouts..

when u exersise two bodyparts in one day, ur sugar lvl in ur muscles will decrease before u end the first bodypart.

I belive that coming back later will increase suger lvl (energy) through the day, enough in ur muscles to start fresh on the second bodypart workout.

This way you will get two well trained bodyparts.

This is only my theory..

shoot me if im wrong )

plano/man is offline New Member
    your theory is correct a lot of time i do 2 a days and if your on ......... then your recovery time kicks in anyway

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    For a good shock try a chest am and a chest pm workout... itll make you sore for days and youll grow.

Thread Information