T.D
    T.D is offline New Member

Question 80lbs, 2 bars and an adjustable bench?

O.k i have never really worked out before but i have fair genetics. I will be going to basic training for the army in about 2 months and then on to airborne school for my wings. I dont want my body to get "shocked" by all the training.
    So my question is with only a straight bar (80lbs max) for benching, a small straight bar (40lbs max) and an adjustable bench with one of those legs extension things what would be a good routine or workout . I'm average wieght for my size 170lbs at 6'2". Any advice is most welcome.

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    get hold of some more weight, a pull up bar u can put in a doorway, maybe some lil bars u can use to puts weight on as dumbbells.

you basically have all u need for at home light training...

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    agreed, more weights and a pullup bar, which reminds me I have to get one of those.

T.D
    T.D is offline New Member
    Indeed i would like more wieght and pull up bar....but as is my bar only holds 80lbs max and i'm very low on money(none). What kinda of exercices could i do with what i got. Remember i am a noob.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    My best advice....
    Start jogging RIGHT NOW. 2 months is not a long time and the first day you will be running 10 miles STRAIGHT regardless of weather, blisters, hunger, thirst, fatigue.
    Jogging for two months will help out a lot.
    F U C K the bench. If you are just starting out, two months on the bench isnt gonna help.
    Start doing push ups cause you will be doing a lot of those.
    The pull up bar will help too like suggested.

Jogging
    Push ups
    Pull ups.
    Dont worry too much about curls and fancy muscles. Just worry about boot camp routine.
    Also, start going to sleep early and waking up around 5.

Dont put that **** off til the last week like a lot of people do.

LostUp is offline Associate Member
    Yeah Bermich is right... I'm sure you wont be running 10 miles the first day but you will be running 5. Start running, my friend is in Iraq and they were even making him run over there! Run run run, thats what they do ALOT!!! Pullups, pushups situps for basics but then they make you do other weird unconventional movements for like 200+ reps! It's all about endurance and conditioning to them strength doesn't matter at all. Having only 80lbs is probably a good thing because thats probably close to the equivalent of pushups. I know a US marine, he's weak as could be, but he can run well!!! Good luck!

Thread Information