tryingtogain is offline Member

help i cant walk!

ok on thursday i worked out my legs really hard and well at 9pm at night. this was the first time i worked out my legs b.c i used to only work out upper boddy. after i was done working out my legs were numb and i couldnt even bend it back because it was numb and just weak.i woke up the next morning still wasnt sore but around 1 pm it was a little sore but i could still go to work. i got home from work at 12pm my legs ya know were still sore but nothin really big. i went to sleep the next day i woke u at 1pm and my legs were VERY SORE. i didnt even move my legs and i could feel the pain. My quads are so sore it hurts even if i lay down or stand it one spot and i can BARLY walk. this sucks what can i do i hope its better by monday or i cant go to work then im in EXTREME PAIN. ive had some delayed onset musle soreness before but NOTHING this bad. anything i can do to help and why did it take a whole 2 days before the REAL pain came in my quads HELP!

o yea i cant even freaken drive cause i cant extend my leg to hit the gas and break cause if i extend it that far im in extreme pain in my quads even though im in pain just doing nothing

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Hehe. Good job. You shouldn't be upset, you should be happy. It's to be expected since this is the first time you have worked out your legs. It always takes me a couple of days before I get sore after my workouts. The soreness will lessen with experience, but you should always be sore after you workout. If I'm not sore after a workout, then I know I didn't push myself hard enough.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    Hehe. Good job. You shouldn't be upset, you should be happy. It's to be expected since this is the first time you have worked out your legs. It always takes me a couple of days before I get sore after my workouts. The soreness will lessen with experience, but you should always be sore after you workout. If I'm not sore after a workout, then I know I didn't push myself hard enough.
    Exactly! what he said. I was away for 2 months and didn't do squat with my legs (no pun intended) I got back did some leg work and the darn things were cramping like hell, and really sore for about 3 days. It's normal. I would suggest going a little lighter for 2 or 3 workouts then hit it like a crazed maniac. Lucky for you, your muscles are going to be shocked and should grow well!

yea but the pain is horrible im glad i dont work the next 2 days if i didi would be scrwed i hope there good by monday. i will eat good and take lots of protien so they grow

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Yeah mine seem to really hit me on the second day after a killer workout. I'll have to agree with the bros......good job. Give them time to heal up and hit it again. Pretty soon you'll have to find new tricks to get that wonderful felling.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Do you take glutamine-L post workout? There is a lot of controversy wether it works or not, but always feel better after taking it. Something to think about. MY .02 I see Jugg looking around he can probably give you better advice, or maybe pm bigol'legs.

D unit 04 is offline New Member
    squats seperate the men from the boys

rococo is offline Associate Member
    lots of protein!!! and maybe some naproxen sodium...

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Oh yeah that good ol feeling.

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    Oh yeah that good ol feeling.
    Ill need to find a way to get around that, i have that problem also, i cant do my taekwondo class if i have sore legs.. Anyway someone told me hot bath could help.. and also some stretching after the workout.. Ill try the hot bath and tell you if it work..

k_dogg is offline Associate Member
    i had a similar experience playing an indoor game after a long period of inactivity. 2 days later i woke up and my quads were unbearably sore. i couldnt handle it. couldnt even walk up the stairs to get a feed. incredibly painful

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    I always find the second day is the worst for the pain. It's get better from there. Don't stop doing legs or you'll go thru it again.

decadbal is offline Banned
    my advice to you would be this, whenever you dont worksomething out for a long time, dont come back and try to break some kind of record or be a hero. take a couple of work outs to get used to it, then go balls out.

Thread Information