Thread: Bicep help

syo202 is offline New Member

Bicep help

Hi friends. I've been serious lifting for 1 year. I've lost about 30 pounds through cardio. And now, I'm on a bulking cycle. I've made good gains on my biceps, but I find that it's hard to gain the mass and peak. Here is my bicep routine:

Concentratin curls: 2 sets of 10-12 reps moderate, 2 sets of 6 reps heavy, and 1 final heavy set to failure.

Preacher curls: same routine as above

Hammer curls: same as above

21's using the ez-curl bar: 2 sets of 21's to finish the routine off.

Friends, can you suggest something different for a bigger peak? Much obliged.

-Thomas

TheGame826 is offline Member

ok

heres a couple tips

always start with dumb bells, do normal curls and hammer curls try 3-4 sets of 10-15

then do ur concentration and preacher curls, with curls you more reps so do about 15 if u could sqeeze it out. and dont use light weight, but dont use extremely heavy weight either. and i only use strait bars now, no more ez or curled bars

do 7 halfs ( you do 7 reps of the bottum half, then 7 reps of the top half, then 7 normal, without ever putting the bar down)

then do 7's (relatively moderate weight, curl 7 times, hold the bar for 7 seconds, then curl 14 times, hold the bar another seven seconds, then do 21, u never put the bar down for this one either) this wwill make ur arms blow up

next is the parymid, do this with a friend, and use a bar that u would use to bench *45 lb* (u do 1 then he does 1, u do 2 then he does 2, u do 3 then he does 3 and so on, go up to either 8 or 10, then work you way back down to 1)

finish up with some more dumbellcurls

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I have always had big but elongated Bi's (no peaks). I do a shit load of peak exercises now and wow what a diff..... the main 2 are concentration and incline dumbbell curls....An cut out the preacher for now...

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    My biceps have a big peak...Although id rather have them bigger unflexed, but im workin on that..... neways for a big peak try close grip preacher curls with the ez bar

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    if u want the peak look, u can always do wat ur doin now, but at least add in a dumbell workout and at peak consintration rotate ur hand away from ur body, it gets the bicep brachii working....

Good Luck!
    Dave..

KeyMastur is offline VET

Re: ok

Originally posted by TheGame826
    Bdo 7 halfs ( you do 7 reps of the bottum half, then 7 reps of the top half, then 7 normal, without ever putting the bar down)
    aka 21's. i usually do this or "run the rack" last and it leaves me with a nice pump.

K Dog is offline Associate Member
    For mass try to start first exercise with standing Barbell Curls. 1 set for warmup then go heavy for 4 sets. Then move on to the rest of the workout. JMO

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    WoW alot of diffrent opinions on Building Bi's

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    You need to keep bicep workouts varied and need to hit all of the muscles that form the bicep.There are some good routines listed and I have just started back with 21,s and beginning to wonder why I ever gave them up!!

Thread Information