wakatak87 is offline Junior Member

working back w/o weights

I heard something about laying on your stomach, face down, then raising your left leg and your right arm about 12" and holding for 7 seconds, then doing left arm and right leg. This is supposed to work your back, do you guys think it works? I tried it and I never feel anything exept for a weird lower left back pain that happens no matter which arm/leg I am lifting (weird huh).

Anyway all I have are some lame 10 pound weights right now but I really need to work my back, especially the upper part which causes me all kinds of problems even though im just 16 (man what a weird guy).

Thanks

a lot

wiky is offline Junior Member
    Hello wakatak87, thats a nice exercise for strechthing your back, and an usual exercise for recovering back from injuries. If someone who knows the cause of your back problems told you to do it, they must be nice for you, anyway if you want to work your upper back without weight, "dominadas" is nice, i dont know the name in english, but i can paste some pics, hope it works for you good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails working back w/o weights-entesp5.jpg   working back w/o weights-entesp6.jpg  

wannagrow is offline New Member
    When i used to live in mens quarters in my old town, after a long shift i couldn't make it to the gym sometimes,

If you have a bunk bed or something, grab the top bunk, and hook your feet somewhere up there as well, and pull yourself up, like doing a row.

And like wiky said, chins.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by wakatak87
    I heard something about laying on your stomach, face down, then raising your left leg and your right arm about 12" and holding for 7 seconds, then doing left arm and right leg. This is supposed to work your back, do you guys think it works? I tried it and I never feel anything exept for a weird lower left back pain that happens no matter which arm/leg I am lifting (weird huh).
    it's not really for stretching like wiky mentioned - it's for core stabilization.

there's others that help as well

- supermans (lay completely on your stomach, raise your arms and legs off the ground)
    - hyper extensions
    - physio ball exercises or thera band ball exercises

i do these all the time. great for low back, especially if you've got problems.

wakatak87 is offline Junior Member
    alright thanks

Thread Information