tatty is offline Member

targetting tricep longhead with freeweights

Is it possible? I'm trying to develop specifically the longhead as the lateral part just completely dominates my arm. It looks like I split my wishbone before I gave the other side a chance!

I have limited access to cables, otherwise I'd get going on the pulldowns. Are there any other ways to target them? I've been doing kickbacks, but they don't seem to help all that much.

Any help is appreciated...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Reverse pulldowns (1 hand) hits the long head. Free weights do db exctensions.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I know you said you have limited access to pulldowns but....I love this exercise....

"Long-pull triceps extension also hits the long head of the triceps. It's a favorite exercise of Larry Scott and if there ever was a secret exercise for triceps, this is it. When done right, it seems to pump the triceps to double their size. You'll have to improvise a little when doing this exercise. See the picture for exercise description. The pulley shouldn't be to high, about 6 feet, and instead of the twin pedestal bench, you can use two benches facing each other. "

microphobia is offline New Member
    do you have dbl's if so lay on a bench and do scullcrushers with dumbells,keap your palms facing eachother bring your hands down next to your ears
    elbows tight and dont rotate your hands on the way up
    should smoke the long head,if you rotate your hands on the way up youll hit the outer head as well.
    another is with a straight bar laying on the bench kinda wide grip lower the bar behind your head till your elbows are even with your ears then extend the bar straight out behind you keeping your elbows in the same possition.
    hope that makes sence.

tatty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    I know you said you have limited access to pulldowns but....I love this exercise....

"Long-pull triceps extension also hits the long head of the triceps. It's a favorite exercise of Larry Scott and if there ever was a secret exercise for triceps, this is it. When done right, it seems to pump the triceps to double their size. You'll have to improvise a little when doing this exercise. See the picture for exercise description. The pulley shouldn't be to high, about 6 feet, and instead of the twin pedestal bench, you can use two benches facing each other. "
    Awesome exercise...always looking for new ways to develop the tris....maybe I can build my own pulley machine and see what happens.

Thanks for the info guys...much appreciated.

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Bismillah
    I do seated overhead extensions with the ez bar.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    skull crushers

tatty is offline Member
    The dumbbell sort of extensions in the position of skulls works wonders as well. I've started seeing great progress with the longhead, although ultimately I'll have to invest in a cable machine or head to a gym.

I find skullcrushers target the lateral head too much, but I still do em.

Thread Information