Breetai is offline Associate Member

Next year routine.. check it out

Does it look good? anyone thats running something similar? would like to hear what you guys/ladies think of it. should i add something? something that i have forgotten?

as you can see i dont do much exercises.. i try to hit every muscle with many sets instead.. it could be 10 sets/bodypart or if i have the power i will go for 100 j/k dont know how many because it all depends on how i feel. reps will be like 6-8, and if i can do 10 easy with good form i will increase the weight.

Monday
    Chest
    Bench Press
    Incline Bench Press
    Chest Dips

Biceps
    Barbell Curl
    Preacher Curl
    Hammer Curl

Tuesday
    Legs
    Squat
    Leg Extension
    Straight-leg Deadlift
    Leg Curl
    Standing Calf Raise
    Seated Calf Raise

Abs
    Kneeling Crunch
    Crunches

Wednesday
    Rest/eat

Thursday
    Shoulders
    Shoulder Press
    Upright row
    Row

Triceps
    Closegrip Bench
    Push down
    Tricep Extension

Friday
    Back
    Pulldown
    Seated Row
    Shrugs
    Hyper Extension
    Deadlift

Forearms
    Reverse Curl
    Wrist Curl
    Reverse Wrist Curl

Saturday
    Rest/eat

Sunday
    Rest/eat

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    10 sets each exercise? That wouldn't work for me but if it works for you good luck.
    Maybe throw in another exersise on chest day...cable fly's sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    10 sets each exercise? That wouldn't work for me but if it works for you good luck.
    Maybe throw in another exersise on chest day...cable fly's sounds good.
    10 sets each exercise? where did you get that from? i mean, i do as many i feel my body could handle.

yes i have thought about the chest thing, it would be nice to finish it of with some kind of cable or flyes exercise.. im gonna try that, tnx for your tip.

anyone? want some more opinions please.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would mix the reps up also........don't stay at 6-8 to long.......add more sometimes and go heavier others.......confuse the muscle, don't let them get use to the ol 6-8 reps.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Breetai
    10 sets each exercise? where did you get that from? i mean, i do as many i feel my body could handle.

yes i have thought about the chest thing, it would be nice to finish it of with some kind of cable or flyes exercise.. im gonna try that, tnx for your tip.

anyone? want some more opinions please.
    I"ve heard of the 10 set thing for the chest...but if your truely going to failur...there's no way you can do it.
    Hit it harder in 4 sets.

hmm.. when i was thinking i saw that i do shoulders the day before i do back. do you think the posterior deltoid will get overtrained because it will be trained 2 days in a row? or is it smart to train shoulders as usual and move the posterior deltoid movement exercise to the back day? tnx for all answers

Quote Originally Posted by bornbad71
    I would mix the reps up also........don't stay at 6-8 to long.......add more sometimes and go heavier others.......confuse the muscle, don't let them get use to the ol 6-8 reps.
    ill mix them up if i can to 10 reps with proper form then i add an 10lb plate next workout.. lets say i do between 5-10 reps/set. ill think im always confusing the muscle because im sore after every workout tnx for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    I"ve heard of the 10 set thing for the chest...but if your truely going to failur...there's no way you can do it.
    Hit it harder in 4 sets.
    ok, tnx for you help i wont do that, i always stop when i feel that next set is going to be ****.. it diffrent every time, it all depends on what i do before the workout. if my girl want some sex 3 times before i go i know that im not going to be strong at the gym.. and that means maybe 2-3 sets each exercise when normal is 4-5

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro my routine is alittle different from yours, but I do back the day before delts, and I don't have any problem with overtraining the rear delts. I hit rear delts on shoulder day, but I have done them on back day also......I would say try both ways and see with one works best for you.

Thread Information