Thread: Cramps!

HOOCHEEMAN is offline New Member

Cramps!

Hi everyone,

Here lately I've been noticing some really bad cramps in the muscle group or groups that I worked out earlier in the day. Someone told me I wasn't drinking enough water but I drink two gallons of water a day. I get plenty of calcium, potassium, and vitamin's and minerals in my daily multi-vitamin. The cramps just started about a week after I started my pct and I can't figure it out. Sometimes the cramps hit me while I'm having sex, in my chest, so bad that I have to stop and even worse when they hit me in the legs or groin area. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    two things, stretch after you workout and get more potasium in your diet, i get cramps too, and that helps a lot

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Are you taking creatine ??And do you drink alot of coffie ? I have noticed that when on creatine and when I drink coffie I get them really bad .

I am taking creatine but I don't drink coffee or any other caffeinated beverage. I am a pretty large fellow, 6'5 at 270 lbs so I already take more potassium than that of an average size man to compensate for the additional overall body mass. I guess I could try even more potassium but it seems excessive.

cb25 is offline Banned
    How much potassium are you taking in? You said you get it all in one multivit...so i'd consider adding some in at other times in the day to see if it helps - just try eating a banana every once in awhile...or take some sort of electrolyte drink,etc...

see if that helps

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro I would not overdue potassium ....You can mess your Heart up ! If anything I would drink more water and lay off the creatine ...I dont know why but when Im on creatine I cramp up all the time ...CDOG

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cdog
    Hey bro I would not overdue potassium ....You can mess your Heart up ! If anything I would drink more water and lay off the creatine ...I dont know why but when Im on creatine I cramp up all the time ...CDOG
    I guess yea, don't overdo potassium, as in over-supplement, but if all you're taking is a multivit...that's why i would suggest upping your potassium...

lots to consider here...

I am taking a good multi vitamin plus an additional dose of potassium everyday. At first I thought it was the creatine but I still cramp up even when I'm not taking the creatine. It always happens when I have been flexing a particular muscle or muscle group for an extended period of time. Once it cramps up it subsides after a few minutes but then all I have to do is move wrong and I cramp up. It is really embarassing when you are having sex with your wife and you have to stop in the middle and wait for a cramp to go away. Extremely hard workouts make the cramps come alot easier. Don't know, can't figure it out.

wakatak87 is offline Junior Member
    yeah same with me dude i made a thread about this a while ago, i get them in my toes and even my fingers aside from my legs and back and actually my stomach too sometimes and im only 16 so this REALLY sucks. they say they are from over using the part that cramps, but i really dont use them that much, or mabye its from under using so then when you do use them THAT is over using haha. anyway i heard that multivitamins only privide some of the benefits of the mineral, so try eating some bananas instead of getting it from the vitamins. and wow that sounds like it sucks to have to stop in the middle of something like that to fix a cramp, theyve (TV and movies) made people who have cramps sound like losers and like they are for fat people.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HOOCHEEMAN
    I am taking a good multi vitamin plus an additional dose of potassium everyday. At first I thought it was the creatine but I still cramp up even when I'm not taking the creatine. It always happens when I have been flexing a particular muscle or muscle group for an extended period of time. Once it cramps up it subsides after a few minutes but then all I have to do is move wrong and I cramp up. It is really embarassing when you are having sex with your wife and you have to stop in the middle and wait for a cramp to go away. Extremely hard workouts make the cramps come alot easier. Don't know, can't figure it out.
    Its an elecrolight imballance. The creatine is not helping either. Suppliment heavily potasium, calcium, magnesium and drink lots of water. It will go away. The cramps represent dehydration.

Thread Information