Maintenance questions

I am not trying to get bigger or cut up right now. I am happy after my first cycle and am kinda just taking it easy. I am not on any eating plan, just eating healthy (clean). My question is about lifting weights while in this "kickback mode". I don't want to loose anything that I'ver worked so hard for, but I feel that working the **** out of my muscles like I did when I was trying to get bigger is wearing me down. Should I lift the same amount of sets, 12-16 per body part, with light weight high reps, or should I lift heavy with less sets. Or should I drop the weight down a little and the sets down a little?

What are some of your maintenance routiens?

Should I lift light 3 weeks out of the month and super heavy one week of the month?

Some suggestions please??

IwillBEhuge is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrantred94gt
    I am not trying to get bigger or cut up right now. I am happy after my first cycle and am kinda just taking it easy. I am not on any eating plan, just eating healthy (clean). My question is about lifting weights while in this "kickback mode". I don't want to loose anything that I'ver worked so hard for, but I feel that working the **** out of my muscles like I did when I was trying to get bigger is wearing me down. Should I lift the same amount of sets, 12-16 per body part, with light weight high reps, or should I lift heavy with less sets. Or should I drop the weight down a little and the sets down a little?

What are some of your maintenance routiens?

Should I lift light 3 weeks out of the month and super heavy one week of the month?

Some suggestions please??
    dude if you worked out for 90 min per day while on, cut it back to about 45 min 4 days a week and keep trying to push the weight that u used and drop the sets a little(if ya did 4 sets do 3 for ex.). depending on how good your diet was drop back abou 300 cals(protien shake) a day and see how your body reacts if you start to shrink, up your calories. plus if you did a cycle do NOT just sit back and relax you will lose all your muscle, you are in a very catabolic state right now, may want to get some clen 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off for 8 to 10 weeks, also use clomid to get test levels back up. if you feel wore down take in more carbs your body is to depleted, good luck and train hard always screw that high reps bs go heavy or go home. peace!!

I did clomid and am way past the point of being in the catabolic state. I have off for 4 months.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    you should always lift heavy, IMO, if you're feeling run down, it's because you're overtraining, cut the number of sets, and frequency of workouts until you get to the point where you feel full of energy everyday and can't wait to get to the gym, listen to your body

O.k. Well that pretty much answers my intensity questions.

intensity is a matter of opinion, i usually know when i've put everything i've got into a set when i am dizzy after the set, if i'm not at least a little f***ed up, i know i didn't completely exhaust myself, i do one set per bodypart per workout on a upper body/ lower body split

One set per body part?

are you bulking or cutting, or just like me, doing nothing but trying to stay healthy?

it's irrelivent if you're cutting/bulking whatever, the object is to gain muscle, right? (btw i believe if you're not gaining, your losing) so, in order to gain muscle, you have to subject them to an overload to stimulate growth, next, you have to recover from that stimulus in order to grow, if you want to cut up, lift heavy and diet, if you want to bulk up, lift heavy and eat anything not nailed down or that fights back too much

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    it's irrelivent if you're cutting/bulking whatever, the object is to gain muscle, right? (btw i believe if you're not gaining, your losing) so, in order to gain muscle, you have to subject them to an overload to stimulate growth, next, you have to recover from that stimulus in order to grow, if you want to cut up, lift heavy and diet, if you want to bulk up, lift heavy and eat anything not nailed down or that fights back too much

So were you gonna tell me how this one set per body part deal works?

do a search on doggcrapp training, that's my basic workout, i also throw in some olympic lifting now and again

Thread Information