How does this sound?

O.k., I have been doing 16 sets per body part, 5-8 reps per set and that is too much while off. I find myself burnt out by the 4th day (out of 5)and not wanting to go to the gym, exausted. Working out is supposed to make you feel good and full of energy, not so burned out that the thought of lifting weights makes you sick! So, I have been looking for a different routien and have come up with this. What do you think?

For example, today I did chest:.... Instead of doing 4 exercises of 4 sets each all heavy till failure, I am doing 3 exercises like this-

Incline DB- 2 sets light weight, 15 reps (almost failure by the 15th rep) about a 30 second rest in between the 2 light sets. Then rest 2 minutes and go for a weight that I can get 8-10 reps out before failing, then pause for a few seconds and squeeze out 1 or 2 more reps, pause and repeat, pause and repeat untill I hit 15-20 reps

Same as above with incline flys, and same as above with dips.

What do you think?

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    There's nothing wrong with varying up your routine. You need to do things like this. Changing the routine and exercise patterns will stimulate muscle growth and stimulate your mind. This sport is about dedication, you need to keep it interesting and stimulating to stay motivated.

anyone esle? Has someone here used something like this with success?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Even on AS I feel 16 sets is way too much............ Chest the most I do is 10 sets................ Back I will do 12 to 14........... It's way too easy to overtrain.

Thread Information