BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Has anyone given Escalating Density a Run??

As many of you know, I'm a HUGE fan of giving a test run to any number of programs that cross my path. At one time or another, I've been in the midst of an HST, DFHT, HIT, Westside, or some other program and I will be giving Escalating Density Training a try in the very near future. In the meantime, however, I'm quite curious as to whether anyone on the board has first-hand experience with it.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Well I got as far as reading about it. The really detailed and periodized version of it is in his book EDT:Build Mass Arms or whatever its called.

It appeals to me because in some small way, it is like GVT with an attitude. I've always liked GVT, but always had a hard time enjoying it because of the nature of the first few sets being a "just getting there" type thing. I'll be trying this in about four weeks when my current training cycle run its course.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    It appeals to me because in some small way, it is like GVT with an attitude. I've always liked GVT, but always had a hard time enjoying it because of the nature of the first few sets being a "just getting there" type thing. I'll be trying this in about four weeks when my current training cycle run its course.
    Yes, see I like that about GVT because I am used to practicing technique in sort of non-working sets. I will often do sets with a sub-maximal load and only cap of 3-5 reps, rest, then do another 3-5 reps and so on. I can see where you are coming from though "just getting there" cardio kills me....I have to psychologically prep myslef for treadmill walking or biking so I don't go full throttle and burn up my weightlifting energy. In old age, I am learning moderation. Are you going to do the exact routine in tmag? Keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Are you going to do the exact routine in tmag? Keep us posted.
    If there's any deviation, it'll be slight...but it will remain essentially true to form with regards to how it is outlined in the article. I'll def keep a running journal, as I did with some other routines, and may do a "year in review" thread or something, where I'll outline my thoughts in retrospect with regards to all the routines I undertook over the last year.

Thread Information