gettinthere is offline Associate Member

Coming back from a break...

For god knows what reason, I got lazy and haven't lifted in the past two months at all, and ate fast food **** almost every day. Drank, smoked, etc.etc... I'm trying to get back on track and finding that it's harder than I thought it would be. I don't have a good appetite, although I'm trying to eat healthy again. What are some suggestions to help me get back started in the gym? High reps lower weight to get my joints back in shape?

Any encouragement or feedback would be great.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I went through somewhat of the same situation - without the booze, smoking, etc. etc. fast food I started off circuit training for a few weeks before I hit up a different routine. Did upper body one day, legs the next.

firedup is offline Junior Member
    I am in the same situation...but it was longer than 2 months....This is the time where you have to be very strict and follow a set regime. Soon you'll be back to your old self and you won't even think about Mickey-D's at all.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    The only advice i've got is start slow. Don't wann go all out on day one and be outta the gym for a week or better because you can't move...or worse yet...injured yourself! Good luck!

Archangel240 is offline New Member
    I'm sure your well aware that you shouldn't start where you left off. I would stick with the basics - free weight bench, squat etc with very light weight. Keep the training 30-45 mins at the most. Start with three days a week. But now that I read your post closely, I see a 2 month layoff. Cheer up. That's nothing. It shouldn't be terribly long before you get back into it.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the replies guys and gal! After I get back home after the holidays I'll start with the circuit training for a couple weeks instead of isolating a specific muscle group and burning it all the way down like I'm used to.

-gt

Thread Information