k_dogg is offline Associate Member

just not getting sore lately :(

hey all,
    i feel like im waisting my time when im not sore the following day. and this is happening quite a lot now.
    i currently train 5 days a week. generally 3-4 sets, 6-8 reps till failure with most exersizes.
    well im doing this and progressing with weights and it doesnt seem to be generating soreness anymore. and ive noticed that my belly is definately getting less defined so im assuming that im not challenging my body well enough for my muscles to develop anymore. so i was thinking of throwing in another day of training... maybe 2 a week and increasing sets to 5 or so still with about 8 reps till failure. what do you think to jar the body a bit and wake it up?
    also do you guys, after failure, in a set pump out a couple more with a spot or just call it quits for that set?

due to my body fat going up a bit i was also thinking of throwing in cardio in the morning on an empty stomach 4-5 times a week. what do you think?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    who cares. soreness doesnt measure work. just because you are sore does not mean that you are making gains.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Um...relax man, instead of increasing you're workout... why don't you try changing your exercises around... You're body is more then likely used to what you have been doing, so now its time to change things up...

lol...as far as pumping out a couple more with a spot after failure...failure is failure for me, i usually end up throwing up...

cdog is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Monster change up ..I would go with this after looking at your routine make sure you are totaly warmed up before your all out set .
    Leg press Superseted with Leg ex 2x15
    BB Squat 1x15 hit total failure on 15 .You should be crying at 10 blacking out on 15 ...
    Incline BB bench superseted with Incline DB Flys 2x8-10
    Dips 2xfailure
    DB pull overs superseted with Front pull downs 2x8-10
    BB rows 2x8-10
    BB press Superseted with Lat raises 2x8-10
    Upright rows 1x12
    Push downs Superseted with dips 2x12
    BB curls 2x8-10
    concentration curls 2x8-10

You would have to go to total failure on all sets and reps .If 2 sets is to much and your not recovering by the time you lift again I would bump down to 1 set to failure ...Try this monday ,wednesday and friday .Also you should be able to finish this routine in a little over 1 hr .I you cant finish withen one hour your lifting hard enough...CDIZZLE
    Last edited by cdog; 12-24-2003 at 01:59 PM.

motocross308 is offline New Member
    try taking a break for a week , then , try working out less ofter with higher intensity ! Use drop sets or rest pause ! try like 3 or 4 days a week

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    who cares. soreness doesnt measure work. just because you are sore does not mean that you are making gains.

exactly.........being sore isnt always an indication of a good workout
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

mcnst01 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    exactly.........being sore isnt always an indication of a good workout
    Yup, don't judge your workouts by the soreness. You have to change up your routine, everybody goes through it. Your body will adapt to patterns and workouts are no different. Try adding some new exercises and dropping some old ones for each bodypart. You can always go back after a few weeks and see how your progressing.

Thread Information