broncojosh is offline Senior Member

Working hard, but don't feel like it is enough

Okay guys, I've got a solid workout, and work hard, but can't help but think I'm not doing enough. My workout lasts usually around an hour. Occasionally I'm sore the next day, and I am seeing gains, but really think I could be doing more. I have been reading about over working muscles, so I'm not sure if I should step up my workouts or not. How do you guys know when you are doing too much, or not doing enough?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Working hard, but don't feel like it is enough

Originally posted by broncojosh
    Okay guys, I've got a solid workout, and work hard, but can't help but think I'm not doing enough. My workout lasts usually around an hour. Occasionally I'm sore the next day, and I am seeing gains, but really think I could be doing more. I have been reading about over working muscles, so I'm not sure if I should step up my workouts or not. How do you guys know when you are doing too much, or not doing enough?
    theres many factors that play into this the biggest one i think
    is mental. your getting sore and YOUR SEEING GAINS so whats the problem? generaly your body will tell you when enough is enough, like not getting that last rep or sloppy form.

remember more is not always better, more can sometimes lead to injury .

even though you have a solid workout change it up maybe its just getting a little stale and messing w/ your mind

good luck bro

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Overtraining is very easy to do as DD said more is not allways better...

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Listen to your body it will tell you when its had enough and if you are sore the next day you are working the muscles out and making some progress,we all think we could have more gains!

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    As long as your making gains I would'nt change a thing. My best gains are when I keep my workouts short and to the point. You only grow when your resting. You'll know your overtraining when you become overly sore and tired all the time and start losing focus on your training. More is'nt always better.

Thread Information