will86 is offline Banned

swolecat's training routine

hey right now i'm following swoledup2 training routine and i dont think i
    m getting a good workout out of it. For example, i used to train each bodypart with 3 exercises for 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps with the last 1 or 2 sets to failure and get great pumps, but using swoledup2 training routine i am only doing 3 exercises with 2 sets each and no sets to failure for a regular training day, and it takes me as quick as 30 minutes to finish. I've been on this for about a week and a half and i feel like i am just impeding my gains. Should i stick to this for several more weeks or should i just jump off the boat and follow what my body tells me?

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    personally, i don't like his routines, but they've worked for a lot of people, if you like going to failure as i do, look up doggcrapp training, there's a thread here that outlines it and it's free

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Swolecat is a good bro for sure and he knows what has worked for most .However only you know how you feel and if you think you could do something differant than do it for sure .Im sure swolecat would tell you the same you must listen to your body .If you have a problem with his workout talk to him about it and Im sure as he has been in the game for a long time will be able to work something out for you .....CDIZZLE
    Last edited by cdog; 12-29-2003 at 09:24 AM.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I'd say stick with it for a couple more weeks. A week and a half isn't enough time to determine if it is working or not. If you still don't think that you are getting any results by then, you can switch back.

from what he wrote, i think it's more a question of enjoyment rather than the results he's getting, you can use a dozen different routines and get good results, so if your using one and don't like it, i don't see anything wrong with dumping it and trying another, everything is trial and error, find what works best for you and stick with it

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    from what he wrote, i think it's more a question of enjoyment rather than the results he's getting, you can use a dozen different routines and get good results, so if your using one and don't like it, i don't see anything wrong with dumping it and trying another, everything is trial and error, find what works best for you and stick with it
    For me, nothing gives me more enjoyment than when I am seeing results. I don't care how bad I hate to do a workout, if it is working I will stick with it. Trial and error doesn't work if you don't give a workout a chance to show results.

yeah, but like i said, there is more than one workout scheme that will get good results

will86 is offline Banned
    i enjoy all the workouts i do, but at the end of the day my bodyparts do not feel as if i put 100% like i do when i used my training routine. Also i am only given 1 minute rests between sets and 2 minute rests between exercises and supersets, is the short amount of rest time the key to what makes swole's training program work?

Also for example, when i did straight bar curls, my last set would've been 95 lbs 4-5 reps whilst swole's program i use 50 lbs for 12 reps going up and down real slow, but i feel a crazier pump with the 95lbs than the 50 lbs. Which one should i stick to?

again, it's whatever you like that works, try some other routines and see which one you like best, if it works, stick with it, if it doesn't try another, i can't tell you what works best for you, but the slow positive rep thing, HIT also uses that btw as well as other routines, to me is a horrible way to workout because it is just so **** tedious

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    My best results came from using HIT and volume training together. More or less, DC's routine one week and a 4 set volume style the next. Nothing beats HIT when it comes to training legs IMO.

Thread Information