BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

Are you having trouble making a certain muscle group grow?

Here are some suggestions for getting past the plateau of growth that have worked for me when concentrating on making my chest grow (pectorials have been a very stubborn muscle group regarding my growth):

1.) Work the body part only when you feel the muscle has thoroughly recovered from the previous workout. If you body singals you to work the body part only 3 days after you last worked it, do it as long as the body-part is not still sore. If you are not fully recovered for 8 days; so be it. Wait 8 days before you work that muscle again.

2.) Plan your workouts so that one or two rest days fall immediately after the day you work the muscle you're trying to make grow. Why? Because, we grow when we rest. It gives that muscle some extra time to absorb nutrients, to rest and to grow.

3.) On your rest days mentioned in #2 above (the ones that follow the day you work the difficult muscle), REST...don't play racquetball or jog or do any thing that would add to your maintenance calories. Just rest and EAT.

4.) Use the rest days mentioned in #2 and #3 above to eat like a mad man, on schedule.

Doing this has helped me to build-up stubborn muscle groups.

Comments?

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    good post bro.... for large muscle groups thats fine

I cant get my biceps sore.... so I just do em 2x's a week... and 1x the next week.

Beat is offline Associate Member
    will this method work on my triceps?
    my triceps are growing properly now, i even got a little horse shoe...
    one thing bothers me though, my triceps are too small for my biceps
    seen from the front the triceps look "flat".. will this method make my tri´s look bigger or are my triceps predetermined geneticaly to look flat?
    i mean i dont wanna have the arm form as markus ruhl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Are you having trouble making a certain muscle group grow?-markus_ruhl.jpg   Are you having trouble making a certain muscle group grow?-photo.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beat; 01-01-2004 at 09:34 AM.

El Jugo Bueno is offline Junior Member
    You said your pecs were the hardest to grow.....same here. What is your routine for chest? Maybe I'll check it out

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Bueno
    You said your pecs were the hardest to grow.....same here. What is your routine for chest? Maybe I'll check it out
    Here's a link to a thread where I wrote out what I've done for chest (see post #26):
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=62944

Beat,

The shape of your muscles are genetically predetermined; however, you can make them bigger. What I mentioned in the first post in this thread pertains to growth, not changes in shape.

Although your tricepts may look flat now, you probably will be pleasantly surprised by the way your tricepts look once they get bigger.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good post...

My spin on it... if you have a lagging bodypart the worst thing to do is not make changes for the better. In the simplest form you have to work progressively - find your supercompensation curve. Every workout should be a progression of some sort - whether it be reps, sets, load, time and so forth. And many times, trying to make to large of a progression will severly hinder progress. Sometimes just being able to do one more rep, or 2.5 lbs of a heavier load... or finishing the same workout 5 minutes faster is still progresion. And slower progression is less likely to evolve into overtraining. External factors should be considered when planning progression as well - such as rest and diet since the last workout... or use of exogenous androgens.

Also, I think a lot of people waste time on bullsheet movements and neglect the heavy free weight compound exercises that really build progressively bigger and stronger bodies.

Thx, Warrior.

What you wrote is spot on. Especially about trying to progress too quickly.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 01-02-2004 at 04:10 PM.

LM1332 Guest
    yea man i have a problem with my left tricep it doesnt want to develop a horse shoe and its freaking me out. I dont know what to do!! any suggestions?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Right on B8K...

Also - its important to realize every muscle group has it's own unique muscle fiber make up. Such as some having more slow twitch than others and having a higher endurance threshhold. For example, you wouldn't train calves like chest...

Thread Information