Ilya95 is offline Junior Member

Am I overtraining??

Hey bros,

I've been at bodybuilding for a while now 3yrs in total. However a took a 2 month break just a while back for family stuff and other things. I've been back at the gym for about 2 1/2 weeks now. My workouts although my strengh and edurance is off by bit have been rather good. I can still hit the gym with just about the same intensity as before. One problem though is I seem more worn out than I usally did of course and now for the past two nights have had trouble sleeping. I keep waking up and tosing and turning the whole night. Could these be signs of overtraining??

P.S. I'm starting my 5th cycle in about 2 weeks so that should help counter some problems.

THANKS!!!!

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you can classify overtraining, as training and not seeing any results, is your strength going up... Also do you take protein before you go to sleep, cause high amounts of protein will cause insomnia...

Ilya95 is offline Junior Member
    My strength is going up yes and I'm putting on weight. The sleep thing is the only problem really. Yes I take a protein shake or smoothie about 30 min before bed. I've always done this though and never really had a problem with it.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Try some melatonin for the sleep problem. It sounds like you overttraining to me. Take a good look at your vitamin,water and other sup intakes.

Twiggy is offline New Member
    If you're just returning to intense workouts after a couple months off, your body may just need time to readjust. Don't go right back with the same intensity you left with. Do 3 weeks of building intensity (light the first week - moderate the second - and one set before failure on the third week). At the end of that 3 week cycle, your body should be adjusted to working out again and you should be able to hit the gym full throttle. Just remember to cycle your intensity all throughout your training and you should avoid overtraining.

Thread Information