Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_4446
    you need to do some legs too man. It will help your upper body grow faster
    he don't need to do legs, he's got that covered

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    bro, don't tell me you didn't get it, cause i spent like 15 minutes typing that d*mn thing

BowFlex-er is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    bro, don't tell me you didn't get it, cause i spent like 15 minutes typing that d*mn thing
    Honestly man I never got it haha, just go to your sent items and send it again.

Quote Originally Posted by BowFlex-er
    Honestly man I never got it haha, just go to your sent items and send it again.
    my sent items is empty, so i thought you had already got it and opened it, i'm going to send you a test email to see if you get that before i write it out again

There I got all of them! THANKS MAN! buttt the only ****ty part is that routine, most of those exercises I can't do , don't have the equipment.

I only got dumbbells,bench, and E-Z curl bar and Barbell.

Quote Originally Posted by BowFlex-er
    There I got all of them! THANKS MAN! buttt the only ****ty part is that routine, most of those exercises I can't do , don't have the equipment.

I only got dumbbells,bench, and E-Z curl bar and Barbell.
    the best investment you will ever make is buying yourself a power rack, everything i wrote can be performed with a rack, you can buy one for about $300 brand new, hell, you could probably find one on ebay for less

the best investment you will ever make is buying yourself a power rack, everything i wrote can be performed with a rack, you can buy one for about $300 brand new, hell, you could probably find one on ebay for less
    i just looked and there's one there with a bid for $189

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    Man, No offence but it totally looks like you are overtraining to a huge degree, you do mondays exercise 3-4 times a week. IMO i wouldnt touch that routine. I willl post a much better generic routine later on today, i gotta go to work now.

hey bf'er, post that routine i sent you here, so i can get a copy of it, i also want to see what people will say about it

Here's Scott's routine looks quite good, Too bad my bank account isn't looking as good. I'll have to hold off for awhile till I can buy a power rack .

Scottninpo's routine:

workouts are on mon/wed/fri

start with workout A on monday, B on tuesday, C on Friday, D on Monday, etc. etc.

workout A:
    flat bench/upright row/pull ups w/ weight belt/ skull crushers

workout B:
    squat/leg curl/standing calf raise/seated dumbell curl

workout C:
    incline bench/side laterals/bent over row/ close grip bench

workout D:
    leg press/good mornings/seated calf raise/ preacher curl

workout E:
    decline bench/military press/dead lift/dips

workout F:
    hack squat/stifflegged dead lift/donkey calf raise/ standing barbell curl

i guarantee if you do this workout plan religiously, eat right, sleep right, you will put on at least 20 lbs in 6 months, good luck

An addition to Scottninpo's routine:

first, i'm going to explain how to do correct reps, and how to run the 5X5 set system, as for reps, you should do them as follows, a 4 second negative with an explosive positive, a lot of people will say to do a 4 sec positive as well, but **** that, just explode from the bottom, using perfect form, of course, the sets should be like this, pick a weight you can handle for 6 reps max, for your first set, cut that weight in half and do 5 reps, the next set use the weight half way between the 6 rep weight and do 5 reps, the next three sets, do 5 reps with the original weight, so if you can bench press 300 for six reps, it would look like this:
    1) 150 X 5
    2) 225 X 5
    3) 300 X 5
    4) 300 X 5
    5) 300 X 5
    this scheme will be used for evey upper body exercise, lower body use the same scheme except it is 10 reps instead of 5
    now, if you can complete 3 sets of 5 reps with the working weight, the next time you workout, increase the weight by five or ten, if you pick a weight and don't get at least 12 total reps for the three sets, drop the weigh the next workout, if you get at least thirteen total, then keep the weight the same until you can get 3 sets of 5 with that weight

thanks bro

thanks bro
    No prob man.

cbpumped is offline New Member
    It looks like your working your bi's,chest and tri's on the same day. That is not going to get you very far. I personally do

monday
    chest and bi's, 12 sets for each group

Tuesday
    quads, calves, 10 sets for quads and 6-9 for calves

Wednesday
    hamstrings, abs, cardio, 6 sets for hamstrings, 4-6 for abs and 20-60minutes for cardio

thursday
    back and tri's. 12 sets for both groups

friday
    shoulders and traps. 12 sets for shoulders 3 sets for traps

60 to 90 second rest between sets may two minutes if lifting super heavy. I try to be in and out in 1hr and 1hr 15 minutes on a real bad day. 45 minutes is common for me.

I may do calves if there not sore on any open day. My logic is chest works tri's so why work them after chest they are shot by then so I do bi's. I do quads and calves over tues and wed to let the upper body rest. On thrusday I do back and tri's for the same reason I do bi's on monday. I finish with shoulders and traps on friday. Sat and sun off unless I want to do calves, abs, cardio. This works for me and my goals may be more intense than yours but I used to lift like you are now years ago before I learned how to be strategic on my work out schemes.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbpumped
    It looks like your working your bi's,chest and tri's on the same day. That is not going to get you very far. I personally do

monday
    chest and bi's, 12 sets for each group

Tuesday
    quads, calves, 10 sets for quads and 6-9 for calves

Wednesday
    hamstrings, abs, cardio, 6 sets for hamstrings, 4-6 for abs and 20-60minutes for cardio

thursday
    back and tri's. 12 sets for both groups

friday
    shoulders and traps. 12 sets for shoulders 3 sets for traps

60 to 90 second rest between sets may two minutes if lifting super heavy. I try to be in and out in 1hr and 1hr 15 minutes on a real bad day. 45 minutes is common for me.

I may do calves if there not sore on any open day. My logic is chest works tri's so why work them after chest they are shot by then so I do bi's. I do quads and calves over tues and wed to let the upper body rest. On thrusday I do back and tri's for the same reason I do bi's on monday. I finish with shoulders and traps on friday. Sat and sun off unless I want to do calves, abs, cardio. This works for me and my goals may be more intense than yours but I used to lift like you are now years ago before I learned how to be strategic on my work out schemes.

what are the reps like? i only saw u mention sets

Mark

cbpumped is offline New Member
    6-8 reps per set. Sometimes higher just to change it up lets say 10-12 reps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information