Thread: Mononucleosis

cascade is offline Junior Member

Mononucleosis

My g/f just found out that she has mononucleosis (mono). She's quite sick. I'm going to go get checked out tomorrow, but as for now I feel fine. Appairently you don't feel symptoms for 4-7wks thought. I was just woundering if anyone else has had it while trying to BB. If I have mono will I still beable to lift? I can just see it now... all this work and 4-5wks of mono loosing all my strengh and size.
    I'll be asking my Dr. about all this but what about any of you?
    Thanks.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cascade
    My g/f just found out that she has mononucleosis (mono). She's quite sick. I'm going to go get checked out tomorrow, but as for now I feel fine. Appairently you don't feel symptoms for 4-7wks thought. I was just woundering if anyone else has had it while trying to BB. If I have mono will I still beable to lift? I can just see it now... all this work and 4-5wks of mono loosing all my strengh and size.
    I'll be asking my Dr. about all this but what about any of you?
    Thanks.
    My gf had it and didn't have the strength to do anything. If you get it, your gonna literally be dragging yourself to the gym and at that point it's probably not even worth it, cause you'll be doing more harm than good.

cascade is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    My gf had it and didn't have the strength to do anything. If you get it, your gonna literally be dragging yourself to the gym and at that point it's probably not even worth it, cause you'll be doing more harm than good.

Yeah that's what I was (sadly) thinking. I'll just see how things go, and try doing as many situps/ and push ups. If I'll even beable to do that.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cascade
    Yeah that's what I was (sadly) thinking. I'll just see how things go, and try doing as many situps/ and push ups. If I'll even beable to do that.
    it's not guaranteed that you'll get it, my gf permanently had it, and I lived with her for 2 years and never got it.

MrDezel is offline Banned
    well i just got mono and doctor told me i wont be lifting for weeks because of something with my spleen. Says its like that for everyone.

IronAdam is offline Member
    It's almost impossible to work out while you have mono for about the first month. You feel WEAK all the time, and working out makes you feel like your gunna die.

It took me a long time to get back my strength after mono. Sucks

Hope you don't get it, FWIW When I got it I wasn't cheating on my gf and I had no idea where I got it. And she didn't get it.

Thread Information