solidj55 is offline Member

I want you guys to think out of your normal lifting circle for just a moment...

Go to Dragondoor.com or RussianKettlebells.com and read, look around. I am almost wanting to try this. I know its not for bodybuilding but for those of us that want functional strength...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    A buddy in my gym had a book on those exercises. I used them and can tell you they will flat out wear you out. The kettlebell snatch and press is really good, imho. The book stated for one to do 15-20 sets with 15-25 reps per set with the most weight you could handle............by the 12 set I was done, felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest..........it's like doing weight lifting while doing cardio. Freakin was sore for days.

LOL thats what Ive heard about it to. I just ordered
    The Russian Kettlebell Challenge by Pavel. I will read it and study the movements, then probably buy the video that goes along with the book and eventually buy a set of the Kettlebells. Probably the the 36 pounders first.

No one else has any opinions???

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solidj55
    No one else has any opinions???
    I will incorporate workout splits that certainly borrow from, if not mirror, these programs and others like it while cutting. I've never been a big fan of the treadmill and such, and greatly prefer to get my cardio in while weight training.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I have not tried these yet, so all I can offer is speculation which could be useless.

I view these kettleballs exactly as I view OLY lifting, it takes lots of technique and the strength doesn't transfer into other lifts. Its possible that I might use it if I was preparing for a sport once the season started approaching, but I haven't really thought that through and I might have to use it to make my decision. Right now I would say no, but I really haven't thought it through.

I agree with you somewhat saboudian about the form thing, but from my understanding the form is easier to grasp using Kettlebells than it is using a barbell. From what I can gather the hardest thing to learn is the snatch. I know personally that cleans are not hard to master, I used to do them when I played football, not hard at all. Then you have the KB Swings which look easy(as far as form). Also front squats, farmers walks, clean and jerks are done with these. Like I said, the snatches, side presses, and a few others may take time but you still have options as your learning the others...

Thread Information