jonnie5_5 is offline Junior Member

Some help here..

I want to focus more on my biceps, right now im training them after my back routine, so I think if I give them their own day, I will see better development. Right now im running:
    Chest
    Legs
    off
    back/bis
    delts/tris

thinkin of running:
    chest
    back
    legs
    bis
    delts/tris
    off
    off

would this work? or is there a problem with what Im considering? Thanks for your help guys.

j5

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually hit arms first, or biceps first.. target this muscle with more priority, before you go thru your other body parts... If you were say to hit your entire body then designate a day for arms after you trained your whole body...Your arms would already be wasted.... Hit them fresh bro

good luck

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I would have a seperate day for arms, and do bi's and tri's on the same day. I can understand why you were having problems from doing bi's after your back. Biceps are heavily involved in most back exercises, and would already be exhausted by the time you got to them.

thanks alot guys, i appreciate it...it's like we know what has to be done, but sometimes you just have to hear it from other people.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    It looks pretty good, i'm gonna try that. If you want, feel free to try out mine.

Chest/tris
    Back/bi's
    abs
    legs
    shoulders

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    I would have a seperate day for arms, and do bi's and tri's on the same day.
    I think that's great advice, and sometimes there's nothing like having your entire arms feel fried for a change. However, I'm also a big fan of the OP's intention to dedicate an entire day to biceps alone. I've found that when a bodypart has really fallen behind others, it's often a solo day for that part (regardless of its relative size...i've dedicated a day just to calves at one point) that does the most to kickstart some new growth. Maybe it's my mental approach, but there's a certain sense of urgency when you've gone to the gym solely for one bodypart...as if there's not a thing in the world that can keep you from killing each set.

Oh, and to add just a bit more food for thought, some of the better bicep gains I saw (and they do remain one of my more pathetic parts) came when I stopped doing curls of ANY variety for two months. Heavy deadlifts, chins, pulls, rows and power cleans seemed to do the trick, at least for that time period.

test is offline New Member
    I would train biceps 2x per week since they are a relatively small muscle and can recover quickly in 2-3 days. I would train the biceps hard once per week and have a second workout of lesser intensity to more or less fend off any detraining effects while you are waiting for your hi intensity biceps day to come around again. I hope that helps

wow, thanks for all the respones. i did biceps with legs today, and i definately had a better than normal workout. I wont continue to work them with legs, but I just didnt want to do them after back this week. thanks for your help guys.

Thread Information