vinh is offline Junior Member

Angry God help me part #2

If you seen the post i made about not feeling a workout on the chest.

OK today i workout for about 1hour and 40mins.

chest bicep tricep

For the bench i done very slow and lifted up my foot on the bench, still dont feel chest like i use too...

For dumbell pushups, i didnt feel it.

My arms felt like they had a workout but no chest felt like it.

Ok someone told me that i should low heaps of weights of the benchpress is iam not feeling it.

Another guy i asked to watch me do dumbell pushups and he corrected me, i was pushing out and then in (like butterfly swimming reverse) again instead of pushing in stright up.

My arms were too sore to test it out but i done a set of dumbell pushups and i did kinda feel it more but i will have to wait till 2 more days for another chest bi tri workout to confirm if the way he corrected me does really work.

As for bench, iam lost.

ok tell me what yous think?
    Last edited by vinh; 01-12-2002 at 04:12 AM.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You might be best to train your chest by its self for a while..
    Start with DB flyes to pre exhaust the chest first then go to the BB bench press..Do each set very slow about 8 secs each rep....You should feel it then.....JMO...

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Use a wider grip when benching. Try to keep your shoulders back and stable. Concentrate on your chest and use it to squeeze at the top of the rep. Breathe with the movement.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    All good points bros. But vinny, feel your pecs as you lift the weight, flex them at the top. I do a quarter rotation on my dumbell presses and i hold at the top for a second or two and squeeze my boobys hard.

In no time, you will be bouncing your chest to the beat of the music for the women.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Yes Pa Pa is right...you HAVE to focus on the movement and the muscle being worked. I also think bexsome has a good idea with the prexhausting. Try a compound set of flyes followed by bench. Don't go into the gym thinking "I hope I get a pump"...go into the gym thinking "I hope my pecs don't explode!" Think about each exercise and imagine the blood flooding into that area. This type of concentration takes time but it is the difference. Make sure you are hydrated (32 oz of h20) BEFORE you start and that your muscles are full of glycogen so they can work hard.

Change your thinking to I will get pumped and feel it!

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    I would advise a PT fot you bro or at least a decent induction into training etc.

ok, i will book your ticket for next flight to australia, get ready to teach me good.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm there bro when do I fly?

Seriously though bro you need some one to one, its always helpful to have some to offer you advise in person.

ravaz is offline Associate Member
    Vin,

Are you working with a spotter? If so, I would say do 5 sets of bench, flat and incline, maxing out on your last 2 sets, maybe forced reps with the help of your spotter. If that doesn't help, like Big Al said, try a Personal Trainer. Just my opinion, good luck Vin.

ok this is what i came up with that might be wrong with my bench, iam short and i dont have wide shoulders will this effect bench? maybe a skinner bench?

Ok i will try and get a personal trainer at the gym to check my form of bench today anyways.

Vin,

I really don't think that effects bench at all. I have a friend that I used to work out with, he was 5'5 and medium frame, small maybe, but he was pretty ripped, weighed in at 140 and benched reps of 225 witj no problem, maxing somwhere like 275 or something. Maybe try working your chest out twice a week? No one flame me for saying that I think that works for some people. Just try hitting it from every angle possible. Good luck!

Vin,

I really don't think that effects bench at all. I have a friend that I used to work out with, he was 5'5 and medium frame, small maybe, but he was pretty ripped, weighed in at 140 and benched reps of 225 witj no problem, maxing somwhere like 275 or something. Maybe try working your chest out twice a week? No one flame me for saying that I think that works for some people. Just try hitting it from every angle possible. Good luck!

Ok what i was doing wrong was holding it too wide... yes wide.. lol all this time, people say wider or good form.. i done all that but it was too wide. lol

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Vinny its trial and error if it does,nt work one week try something else until you do feel it.All have offered great advice just remember we are all different but one thing that remains consistant is focus on the move feel the muscles working you,ll get there it just takes time to find what works for you

Keep going bro you,ll get there

Thread Information