TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool Question about Cardio Workout

Okay fellow AR bros & ladies, here's the deal.

I spent some mega years doing powerlifting routines in the gym with alot of great success in size and strength. But last year, I acquired some injuries to my right knee that required microscopic surgery and I may have to go through the same with my left knee (3rd time for this knee). Basically, I F'ed up in 1994 because, prior to the 2nd surgery, the doctor told me to get out of powerlifting and concentrate more on bodybuilding. I did so for a couple of months and then built my strength back up for powerlifting.

Needless to say, after this current operation I will have to concentrate on bodybuilding once again and, this time, stick with it. I was fortunate to be able to return to the gym just 2 weeks after the operation and the doctor told me to do mostly cardio training so as to get my weight down. The only weights that I can do is cable and, definately, NO barbells or dumbells (medical stipulations).

NOW THE QUESTION AT HAND: In the past, I've always used the Stairmaster as my cardio training and have had super success with it. But because of the operations, I will be off of that for a while. Due to the lack of flexibility in my left knee since the 1994 operation (the reason for that next operation), I am not able to ride the Life Cycle. So I'm doing 30 minutes on the Bally's Cross Trainer at the gym, in addition to abs and cables. But lately, despite dieting, I haven't seen any results from using the Cross Trainer and I've been doing it for close to 2 months now. Usually with the Stairmaster, I would see and feel results in only 2 weeks.

Does anyone else have any problems with that machine? What would you guys recommend?

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    walk 1st thing in the mornign on an empty stomach for 45 mintues to an hour at about 65% heart rate.. it works wonders..

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess
    walk 1st thing in the mornign on an empty stomach for 45 mintues to an hour at about 65% heart rate.. it works wonders..
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that the reason why the Life Cycle and/or Cross Trainer were recommended by my doctor was to continuously cycle my knees and keep the blood to flowing well through it and keep the joints lubricated. He also noted on my employment records that I shouldn't perform any prolong walking, kneeling, squating, or running. Although I keep my copy of his notations with me as I'm training, just in case, I wouldn't want to be caught by any prying eyes or "hidden videos", if you know what I mean (Workman's Comp).

bump

Thread Information