Rod Farva is offline Associate Member

How many days/week can I work out forearms

I've been working out forearms with reverse EZ bar curls and wrist curls (both ways) on bicep days but I just found a great maching at my gym that just provides resistance while you spin your wrist (like turning a key in a doorlock). This is ideal for me because I'm basically training for softball season. I did it a few days ago and had some great soreness from it. I would like to do these as often as possible without adverse repurcussions and then keep the other forearm workouts on bicep days.

My question is can I do these every other day? Can I work it that frequently like the calf muscles? Basically I can alternate every other day between standing calf raises and this forearm machine.

Thoughts?

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I work out my forearms twice a wk. Because of the density of the muscle it can be worked more tha other bodyparts.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    ****, I always wished they had one of those machines at my gym.

Anyways, alot of guys train their forearms 6 days/week on their quest to becoming a captain of crush (Actually, you should search for this, as I know there are message boards solely on forearms training). You have to be careful what you're doing however, for example negatives can quickly overtrain your forearms.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    train them 2x week doin DB forearm curl

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    are you interested in strength or size?

Rod Farva is offline Associate Member
    My wrists have always been kind of skinny but my upper forearm is decent in comparison. Realistically when looking at the problem areas on this body, forearms are pretty far down on the list. I'm mainly looking for strength. My main drive/motivation for training is to get better at softball and this machine seems ideal.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    if you're just looking for strength, you can train everyday with it as long as you keep getting stronger, just limit yourself to one set a day, go as heavy as you can everytime and periodically take a couple days off, if you get to a point where you're not getting any stronger, or worse, you're getting weaker, take a week or more off

still growin is offline Member
    I train abs and forearms every other training day, alternating between the two.

Symian is offline Member
    I train forearms 2X week, mostly for strength. Forearms are very fiberous and can gain mass real easily though.

Sym

Thread Information