IronCy is offline Senior Member

How many members do cardio in the AM and weight training in the PM?

Just wondering how many members do cardio in the morning (since its better)
    Then go back to hit the weights in the afternoon/evening. My job doesnt allow me the time to get both done in the morning. So I will be making two trips to the gym. Is it really worth it to get the cardio in first thing in the morning?
    -Cy

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I think you find a lot of bros like doing cardio in the AM and then doing their lifting in the PM. I do cardio in the AM followed by my weight lifting and then I do another cardio session in the PM but that's just me....most don't like this.

imho I like to do cardio in the AM...........I think I get the most out of it at this time.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i do cardio 5-7 days a week in the am and weights 4 days a week in the pm.. i usuly do cardio at 7-8 am weights at 9-10 pm.. thank god the gym i go to has a decent shower, after cardio i shower get dressed go to school from school to work.. college life swallows...

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    bump for more answers
    -Cy

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I always do cardio first thing in the morning. I've found that if I do it later in the day I just prevent myself from gaining muscle.

hausstang00 is offline New Member
    I am just going to start to do cardio in the moring I hope it will help me get up. Haha But I will let you know how it works out.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Separating weight training and cardio is definatly the best way to go. I think it helps your body distinguish between fat burning time and muscle building time. Sending your body mixed messages usually dampers results anyway. Luckily for me, I'm able to do cardio in the morning and train in the evening right now. Plus, I hate spending more than an hour at the gym too.

~US~

Rod Farva is offline Associate Member
    I just started this format this week but I will be attacking it with a vengence. My fat ass needs to drop pounds and I think this is the best way of attacking it. I plan on a half hour cardio in the AM and then 15-20 min in the PM before weights.

My question is what do I eat after I finish my morning empty stomach cardio? I read something about not eating for 50 min to an hour afterwards to take full advantage of your ramped up metabolism but what do I eat after that?

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    THat is my plain for cuttin down but i dont know if i will have time to accomplish that...

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Cardio 7 days a wk in the am(bulking or cutting)

Weight training 6 days a wk in the PM(bulking or cutting

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I do cardio in the AM only when cutting, at night after training while bulking....... 4 to 5 days a week. But always train after 5PM.

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    i do cardio at night after lifting. Sometimes I do it in the AM depends if I work or not.

Thread Information