Thread: Atkins Diet

test is offline New Member

Atkins Diet

The Atkins Diet Is Just Plain Wrong!

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by test
    can you explain why? do you have personal experience?

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by test
    I know some people who are on it and they would disagree with you.........like scottninpo said.......have you had personal experiance that has made u come to this conclusion?

hoss827 is offline Banned
    have a friend thats on it now...Shes lost like 10 pounds in two weeks. Any experience?

wickedred is offline New Member
    i can say from first hand experience it works. at least it did for my dad. he lost 15lbs in the first 2 weeks and steadily lost 3 to 7Lbs a week there after the whole time he stayed on it. it takes alot of dedication to sticking to the diet and follwing it though.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    mostly all i've seen is great results from people on it............but for me personally, i could never give up carbs........ .....i love my pasta and bread
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm on Atkins right now, less then 5g each day, and it's been 3 days and I'm already in Ketosis. My face has already lost a lot of weight, I likes it!

Plus, I've read numerous studies in both MD and online about Atkins diet being the best for the fastest fat loss with the right supplements as opposed to just a plain low calorie diet.

I just want to lose BF before my nexy big cycle and I'll be on it until I feel I need to go back up in weight or start my cycle. Hell, I'll even probably run T3 when I start some AS and still remain in Keto.

Vice is offline Associate Member
    Hey Ronny, good to hear it's working for you..

Just curious, how/when did you know you slipped into Ketosis.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    Hey Ronny, good to hear it's working for you..

Just curious, how/when did you know you slipped into Ketosis.

Thanks
    I went to Wal-Mart and bought "Keto-Stix". What you do is you Pee on them and the ketones in your Piss will let you know if you're in Ketosis or not. The actual strips you piss on change color, and depending on the color and how deep it is, that's how deep in ketosis you are. Right now it's day 3 and I'm looking a tonne leaner. My waist has already dropped down a size (32-31). I've done this before and lost 15lbs in the first week. Last time I only ate 200g of Protein a day and 100g of Fat. This time around my fat is around 75g and my protein is more in the area of 275-320g a day. I split up my protein into ATLEAST 200g from real food and the rest from shakes. I also jog in the morning on an empty stomach.

If you keep your carbs almost to NONE you'll drop into Ketosis very fast (3 days for me). If you keep them around 40-50, it may take a full two weeks for you to officially drop into Ketosis.

The only thing is you're tired all the time, cranky and have headaches. Not only that, but you slowly become weak in the gym. Oh, and because you have very low glycogen, you don't really get a good pump in the gym. I still do 'cause of lovely CLEN ! But that's a whole new story.

Bye the way,
    I'm only doing this for 21 days max. Then I'll start upping my carbs to around 50g and then probably keep it at that for awhile with carb loading every 4th day to around 150g. Nothing too spectucular, I just want to be ripped as ass by the time summer comes, and with my next cycle, that's no problem.

Oh I know all about clen pumps, **** is great, I'll be getting some this summer no doubt.

I started CKD today, we'll see what happens....I've been reading over at MM.com that you can actually bulk on this diet......and after awhile after your body adjusts to it, you start feeling good again and strength goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    Oh I know all about clen pumps, **** is great, I'll be getting some this summer no doubt.

I started CKD today, we'll see what happens....I've been reading over at MM.com that you can actually bulk on this diet......and after awhile after your body adjusts to it, you start feeling good again and strength goes up.
    It's too hard to bluk on a CDK diet. You'd have to eat atleast 500g of Protein and 200g of Fat. That's way too hard on the liver and kidneys, especially if you're on the sauce. I just like it because I see results fast, and after awhile you lose interests in carbs.

I find myself snacking on a lot of things though. Lettuce and Peanut Butter once in awhile. I'll just take a tablespoon of peanut butter and take my time with it and it usually satisfies my craving. I also put Vinegar on a Lettuce and eat that.
    Nothing butter than breakfast though, 6 whole eggs and 4 strips of Bacon. Awesome way to start the day while on Atkins. The only problem is that no meal is filling, I take a tonne of water too. I pee all day.

hehe, yeah I hear yah about no meal is filling, today after each meal i was dieing to hit the fridge again, but I held myself back.

how many grams of fat per meal do you eat? 15-20?

Nah bro, I just eat whatever. I think the most fast is in my first meal. 6 Eggs & 4 Bacon. The rest, it just comes. I usually take a tablespoon of Udo's oil with three of my shakes. There's my EFA's.

LM1332 Guest
    i knew a lot of ppl who were on that diet and once they get off it they blow right up where they were

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I'm on Atkins right now, less then 5g each day .

wow............less than 5 grams of carbs a day!?!?....****, i could never.....but hey if you can do and stick to it, more power to you
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Ronny, you can bump those carbs up to 20 grams per day and still stay in ketosis no problem. I'm doing the diet myself and I've always had great results from it. I've done it off and on for the last two years......lost 50 lbs on it total.

cjp85 is offline Member
    In Arnolds encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding arnold recomends a keto diet for fat loss, he even recomends cutting out fats and just mainly eating lean protein. I think thats how a lot of bodybuilders of that era got in shape for a competition, not sure if they all cut fats too, but just look at them.

k_kingston is offline Associate Member
    whats the secret to not losing LBM while on the atkins? I did it 2 years ago and the BF came off very fast , i lost about 17 lbs in 3 weeks. I was 215 at 6' 3". I got nice and lean (down to about 12%bf) and abs showed nicely but i lost a significant amount of muscle. Will the protein and work out alone be enough to maintain LBM?
    Last edited by k_kingston; 01-10-2004 at 01:46 PM.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Try throwing in some Glutamine and BCAA's. Drink a lot of water cause this diet will dehydrate you very quick. Other than that, the more protein the better I guess

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I don't believe in any diets. My wife is a big Atkins diet person. It is more of a lifestyle change that people should look for. She loses 25 and then puts in back on. There is no permanent loss hence it is not good for the body. I have tried it and with my job and weightlifting I can't do it. I need the carbs to grow. The last time we had a house fire and I was on the Atkins I was so exhausted.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i tried it for a little while, and lost a sh*t load of weight, but as ronnie said, your energy in the gym goes down, which i absolutely hated, that's why i gave it up

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Atkins diets work well for housewives, not bodybuilders. I cant believe someone serious about working out and building a better body would ever consider the Atkins, whether cutting or not.

~US

Thread Information