Thread: home gyms

murph is offline Member

home gyms

hello i was wondering how many of you workout at youer house, and have a home set-up,... i do,.... i`ll put up some pics of it here ,... feel free to post your set-up here aswell i love checking out home gym set-ups
    Murph

leg press/hack squat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-workshop-01.jpg  

murph is offline Member
    dumbell rack and dumbells
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-3-level-d.b.-rack-.jpg  

murph is offline Member
    power rack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-northern-lights-power-rack.jpg  

murph is offline Member
    flat/incline bench
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-northern-lights-comercial-bench-.jpg  

murph is offline Member
    smith machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-smith-machine.jpg  

murph is offline Member
    cross cable/cable fly, (high and low pullies) and chin-up bar

the top of the power rack has a pull-up station aswell i will put up both these pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-workshop-05.jpg   home gyms-top-half-n.l.-power-rack.jpg  

murph is offline Member
    i have a deadlift platform and a leg extention/ham curl machine aswell ,... i will get some more recent pics soon ,.. i`ve also finished the whole floor with the rubber mats since those pics were taken.

here is a pic of the outside of the builing behind my house,where i put this little set-up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-workshop.jpg  

murph is offline Member
    opps forgot the calf machine.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-workshop-04.jpg  

singern is offline Banned

great setup

Quote Originally Posted by murph
    opps forgot the calf machine.....

Hey thats quite a setup. I also work out at home. I dont have anywhere near the equipment you do but I manage to get all my muscle groups in.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    dang.. you can start charging for membersships with that setup

nice gym!

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    My mouth is watering. Oh yeah... I'm hungry. I have stuff at home but not that much equipment. I would like to one day.
    On the other hand, I have found that I am more serious when I go to the gym. I guess it is because I am there only to workout. Maybe if I had a seperate building like you do it would be easier to get in the right frame of mind.
    I have a hard time working out while my brother is cursing the television or blowing **** up on some loud ass video game.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    hello i was wondering how many of you workout at youer house, and have a home set-up,... i do,.... i`ll put up some pics of it here ,... feel free to post your set-up here aswell i love checking out home gym set-ups
    Murph

leg press/hack squat
    Pic1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-untitled1.jpg  

sp9
    Murph

leg press/hack squat

pic2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-untitled.jpg  

sp9
    Murph

leg press/hack squat

pic3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails home gyms-untitled2.jpg  

murph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    nice gym!
    thanks bro,..... i do also have a gym memebership like Mu'min said i need a change of setting once in a while too,.... the powerhouse in my town only cost $199.00 for a year so i do that aswell,.......and nice set-up scott,.. very nice

VforVendetta is offline New Member
    Awesome set up guys.

One question: Do you find it's harder to maintain a focused and intense workout when at home? I have a buddy who has a pretty nice home setup and I've used his stuff a couple times when house sitting and I find I get way too distracted. Being in an actual gym with the weights ringing around me and all that gets me pumped - its like as if there's no mistaking why I'm where I am. Was this something you had to overcome or was it ever any real issue? I'd like to get a good setup eventally for those busy days but I'm worried it would just end up in a garage sale some day.

sp9
    Never got into the gym scene, go a few times a year with friends but it's like anything else at home, once you get into a routine its gravy. I pop an eca on my way out of the office, home in half an hour and its kicked in, grab a couple of bottles of water and hit the weights for 1hr 15min and I'm done before 6:30.

Oh about the garage sale thing...will never happen for me, I have had some sort of home gym since I was 15, now 33 and any woman that wants me to get rid of it to make room for..... well anything, is going to lose that argument. She may win because I would buy a bigger house before selling anything.
    Last edited by scottp999; 01-10-2004 at 06:20 PM.

murph is offline Member
    VforVendetta, well i do have it out back like i said, so its like when i step out there i get in the frame of mind needed to motivate me pretty quick,...... i can put on my own music,.... no love songs during my max sets,....lol... but 4real nothing sucks worse for me than bad music while working out ,.. i can also workout without a shirt on if i feel like it ,.. no dress code to worry about ,.... and no wait for a piece of equiptment to be free to get my set in,...... i could go on and on about the things i like about having a home gym,... but as i said before i do go to a gym to every once and a while to get a change of setting,...
    Murph
    Last edited by murph; 01-15-2004 at 12:05 PM.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Nice gyms guy's!...now that Im settled into my new house....Im planning my gym, thanks for the visuals.
    -Cy

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    wow thats a couple of crazy set ups. i have a home gym, but its just a power rack, random bar and dumbbells, and what not. i would like to do a setup like you have murph, but i only have a small room to use. maybe someday.

Lobsterman is offline Associate Member
    what about Powertec Fitness equipment anybody use it ?

tatty is offline Member
    Great equipment you guys have there...I've also set up a small homegym, but nowhere near the amount you have set up. Hopefully within time I will accumulate more machines and racks. I'm currently trying to source a nice cable machine so I can focus more on my back and longhead tris...

murph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatty
    Great equipment you guys have there...I've also set up a small homegym, but nowhere near the amount you have set up. Hopefully within time I will accumulate more machines and racks. I'm currently trying to source a nice cable machine so I can focus more on my back and longhead tris...

thanks bro, and you can try this place to see if they have what your looking for.
    click the link

Murph

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/index.html

hoss827 is offline Banned
    **** bro..that's a nice setup you got there. Only thing I have is a Weider incline/flat/decline bench, lat pull down, ham curls and leg extensions all in one...didnt like the all in one stuff too well. Now I can't even fit on the bench,

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    those are by far better set-ups than what i have...
    as for intensity- i havent found it to be a problem... i used to get fired up by having to wait for equipment at my old gym.. now i have a clear head and my own music variety blasting in the background- serinity now!!!
    ohh and for anyone who is looking for equipment, i had done a lot of research to try and find the best bang for the buck (starving college student) and if any of you have a Play it Again Sports in your area- its a lot cheaper than buying from most cataloges, sports authority's etc...
    AND I WOULD KILL FOR A SMITH MACHINE (WILL NOT TRAVEL FUTHER THAN 100 MILES) LOL

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    You guys have some nice setups. I pretty much ran out of space, so i can't get anything else.

I have the foam pads on the floor, mirrors on the walls, a smith machine, treadmill, recumbant bike, hex dumbells, flat/incline/decline bench, leg extension, cross cables with high and low, chin up bar, lat pull, and assorted barbell bars. If I had more room, I would get a hack machine and a calf raise.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    **** murph, my set up is not nearly as good as yours. We have the exact same rack though. I'll have to take some pics after I clean my **** up. Its such a **** mess

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    murph, I'm not a fan of home gyms, cause most of them are very incomplete and can only facilitate a few movements, but I must say you have an excellent setup.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Very nice set up both bros have.......I to one day will build an outside building and make my own home gym........but it will be awhile.

Thread Information