red69 is offline New Member

Question My knee has been hurting...

My knee has been hurting for the last couple of weeks and it seems to be getting a little worse although it's not real bad pain just a little constant throbing. I thinkit is from squating. My knee semms to pop and get a little sore ofter squating. I tend to go way down on my squats (my thigh is parallel to the floor) it that the best way (as far as knees are concerned) to do squats? Thanks for all your help!

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I would advise going lighter just to work on your form, When your squating its very easy to drive with your toes and transfer much of the load to your knees (not a good idea) try going lighter, and driving off of your heels. It's a strict movement, but i can say it is easy to make a mistake... I think squatting under two 5lbs plates under your heels will help with the movement, then when you feel comfortable take the plates away...

Bigol' legs should know about this one...

good luck man

Thanks I will try to use my heels more but i don't think i was comming of my toes.. i will pay more attn monday

Steven7 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by red69
    My knee has been hurting for the last couple of weeks and it seems to be getting a little worse although it's not real bad pain just a little constant throbing. I thinkit is from squating. My knee semms to pop and get a little sore ofter squating. I tend to go way down on my squats (my thigh is parallel to the floor) it that the best way (as far as knees are concerned) to do squats? Thanks for all your help!

I've been getting exactly the same pain bro. I seem to get a pain right on my kneecap. I have found myself driving from my toes though.
    I'm gonna take monsters advice and use a couple of plates to help.
    Good luck bro.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    putting plates under your feet will transfer more of the load to your quads, making it harder on the knees, go lighter or take a break for a while, if the pain doesn't go away, you might consider going to the doc

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Yeah I would say go light for a while. Ice it after your done and take an anti-inflammatory. I would get it checked if you can. I had a meniscus injury while in the service which after a few tests it showed up in a MRI. I also had some bone fragments floating around.

So I should not put plates under my heels, or should I...

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    well, i've been lifting for 8 years with a severe knee injury and every sports doc told me that putting plates under your heels for squats transfers load to your quads and puts more pressure on your knees, believe me, i've tested that theory and it's true

Thread Information