ShYnE[sK] is offline New Member

Replacer of the Pull-Over?!

Hey does anybody know a good replacement exercise for the "Pull-Over"???

please help me out, cause I feel jack **** eventhough i perform them correct...

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    there's a machine specifically designed to simulate pullovers, it's really the only machine i use in the gym, are you sure you're using enough weight on pullovers?

LM1332 Guest
    close grip pull ups or you can do this: Hanging Serratus crucnhes they weill isolate and develop our serratus and will stretch your pecs and rib cage

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    there's a machine specifically designed to simulate pullovers, it's really the only machine i use in the gym, are you sure you're using enough weight on pullovers?
    If your not feeling anything than your not going heavy enough

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    If your not feeling anything than your not going heavy enough
    my thoughts- exactly

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Weight might be a problem but I always saw pullovers as a stretching exercise. Break down the muscle from the stretch, not the exersion on the weight. I rarely go up in pullovers but I will try to stretch my muscle to as far as I consider it safe to go.

I use pullovers as a finishing exercise so this may have some bearing on the issue.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu'min
    Weight might be a problem but I always saw pullovers as a stretching exercise. Break down the muscle from the stretch, not the exersion on the weight. I rarely go up in pullovers but I will try to stretch my muscle to as far as I consider it safe to go.

I use pullovers as a finishing exercise so this may have some bearing on the issue.
    definitely go heavier. The machine is also really good, i usually do it instead of dumbell and i feel that i have fairly decent serratus.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mu'min

it is a stretching exercise as well as an overall developer, i've used it as a finisher and still go just as heavy as when I use it in the beginning. You want it to stretch, but on the other hand you don't wanna just be going through the motions either, and the only time I really didn't fell anything was when I was going too light.

Thread Information