Beat is offline Associate Member

what to do when arms stop growing?

ok here is the problem.. i´ve had the same bicep measurement for like 6-7 months now.. i´ve tried alot of things but they still dont grow.. i´ve tried following:

creatine, change of arm workout routine, eat even more protein

now im still at 14,5in its like im working them out for nothing.. any suggestions?

Justincase is offline Associate Member
    Need more info on your workout, BF and diet....it could be you are overtraining or your not getting enough "good food".....or both.....

cb25 is offline Banned
    like just said...post more info. how often are you training bis? are you training them with another muscle group? post this info, and what your arm workout looks like now, so we can better assess that stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Justincase
    Need more info on your workout, BF and diet....it could be you are overtraining or your not getting enough "good food".....or both.....

BF is about 7-10 i think.. i eat about 250-350 grams protein, around 300 carbs and 3500-4000 calories/day
    i´m eating pourage, eggs,chicken,tuna,peanut butter and i drink 2 shakes Whey/ day..

i work out biceps with triceps once a week and i train back at least 2 days after bi´s workout..
    workout:
    concentraton curls 5set * 8reps
    low cable curl 3 * 8
    one arm cable curl low 3 * 8

i use to have this workout to when i switch:

hammer curls 3 * 8
    e-z curls 3 * 8
    concentration curls 2 * 5

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I would switch ur routines up more bro... SHock the muscle, so ur saying u have been doin that same routine for the past 6 months... Every time i go in the gym i do something completely different then the last time, in a completely different order..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    I would switch ur routines up more bro... SHock the muscle, so ur saying u have been doin that same routine for the past 6 months... Every time i go in the gym i do something completely different then the last time, in a completely different order..

****! u switch that often? well ill give that a try thnx bro
    arn´t there any cons when u switch routine that often?

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Bigboy. Very, very rarely will I do the same workout two weeks in a row. If I do that, then I definately do not do it for a third. It keeps the muscle guessing and for me it keeps me excited to go to the gym. Before my workouts, I get pumped up thinking about what I am going to do that day. There are just too many exercises out there for me to stick with one routine. I guess it is my way of whoring around.

mekler is offline Associate Member
    i'd add in some incline curls and some barbell curls... boy do i love some incline curls, when i first started doing them i felt a pump/strech in my biceps like never before. i try to go heavy on back day so i really dont do too much for biceps. hope that helps a little

Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    IMO you want size right? do like 5 or 6 working sets of the heaviest weight you can get up for like 6-8 reps, then the last one or two sets do 21's with a lighter weight of course. then do 3 sets heavy DB curls then 4 sets reverse curls then 3 sets hammer curls. try that my arms were lagging until i started doing this.....heavy weight

this is great! i appriciate this suggestion and i´ll sure as hell try it.. my routines are pretty booring.. so if anybody has more routines for biceps, and also triceps please post them!

one question tho.. what is a working set?

Quote Originally Posted by mekler
    i'd add in some incline curls and some barbell curls... boy do i love some incline curls, when i first started doing them i felt a pump/strech in my biceps like never before. i try to go heavy on back day so i really dont do too much for biceps. hope that helps a little

thnx bro ill go even harder on back day now!

LM1332 Guest
    i do my biceps and tris once a week and then 4 days later i work out my back and chest i get great pumps and i dont seem to over train my muscle and it keeps on growing. Heh but anywho just do other guys do later man
    PS
    Put your bis and tris threw failure ONCE a week this will keep em growing too

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Alright, since on one touched on it I will. You can train your biceps all you want but there is a genetic limit. Sorry to say, but like the calves, the biceps will hit a genetic peak and there is nothing you can do to really help it. I had a nice peak when I was 15 and barely worked them out. While my friends today can't even match what I had then. It is all genetics and busting your ass in the gym sometimes just won't help.

thnx 50%animal.. back with chest has to be effective, never tested it before so ill give it a go
    as for 50%Natural post.. yeah im sure everyone has their genetic limit.. i hope i havn´t reached it yet..
    if anyone has more suggestions of routines feel free to write!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat
    BF is about 7-10 i think.. i eat about 250-350 grams protein, around 300 carbs and 3500-4000 calories/day
    i´m eating pourage, eggs,chicken,tuna,peanut butter and i drink 2 shakes Whey/ day..

i work out biceps with triceps once a week and i train back at least 2 days after bi´s workout..
    workout:
    concentraton curls 5set * 8reps
    low cable curl 3 * 8
    one arm cable curl low 3 * 8

i use to have this workout to when i switch:

hammer curls 3 * 8
    e-z curls 3 * 8
    concentration curls 2 * 5
    My biceps started growing like weeds when i threw in heavy barbell curls. I do 5X5's for all bicep sets, that's 5 sets of 5 reps. 3 exercises, so a total of 15 sets. I go heavy so that i can only do those 5 reps, and get enough rest in between to keep around the same weight. I start out with heavy barbell curls, then dumbell hamer curls, and lastly preacher curls.

thnx chrisAdams does the rope work out for anyone?
    btw..50%animal when working out chest with back, dont you find it tuff to do deadlifts AND bench press the same day?

ADAWG is offline Junior Member
    yeah i like the rope as a variation of the hammer curl. for some reason i can always pull out a few more reps with those.

Thread Information