J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member

muscle failure??

what exactly does this mean??.....lets take legs for example....making it to complete muscle failure....does this mean working out until you can't walk up the stairs at the gym or would this be overtraining??

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    No, it means temporary muscular failure. Which means you keep working on a set till you cant perform the lift or can't perform it safely any longer due to muscle fatiuge.

This is an advanced type of training and should be done with very few sets and a good spotter.

xxxl83

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    It means pushing yourself in a set until you absolutely, positively cannot do one more rep no matter how hard you try.

Negative failure is when after you reach normal failure, you have assistance in the positive and keep doing negatives until you can't control the weight on the way down.

Don't do this every single set, or you WILL overtrain. (Negative failure that is). There is a lot of debate about normal failure and overtraining....I think it depends on how your individual body reacts to it, and various other factors.

-LH

LM1332 Guest
    exactly what the guys said. Like yesterday for example i worked my triceps and my biceps to the point of failure but if you keep on doing it threw out the week youll get to the point of over training and there off ****ing yourself over

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks guys....just needed to clear that up

Thread Information