sigrabbit is offline Member

Training and meal scheduling problems

Here is some background. I have volleyball on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, between 6:15 and 8:15. On volleyball nights, I don't want to train prior to my matches because I need every ounce of energy and explosiveness I can muster as one of the power hitters. I would train afterwards, but my gym closes at 9:00.

I am looking for advice on workout splits and meal timings to maximize fatloss and available energy for my play, while maintaining or gaining muscle. Currently, I workout on Monday, Thursday, Friday, and occassionally on Saturday depending on motivation. I work out Chest/Abs on Monday, Back/Traps on Thursday, and either Legs or Shoulder/arms on Friday, depending on how sore my legs are from playing vball. I was working out legs on Thursday to force myself to train them. It is too easy to blow them off if I wait until Friday because the gym closes at 6:00 and I feel like I worked them enough on vball nights. Besides, my arms and shoulders need more work. I eat all protein and fat until PWO, which causes a problem on vball days considering it is both aerobic and anaerobic. My legs are very fatigued and matches last one hour. I eat meals every 2.5 hours, but obviously vball throws a wrench into my planned meals. Typically, I eat my last protein/fat only meal an hour before vball, but I am not sure if I should maintain my same PWO methodology following vball. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by sigrabbit; 01-14-2004 at 06:31 PM.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Tuesday and wednesday nights are volley ball, I would go with fri-monday for training days, don't go longer then an hour, lower number of sets to each bodypart exercise to 2 maybe 3 this way you are in and out.. Forget about cardio at the gym, two days a week you got cardio (volleyball)...

Diet, lowfat, lowcarbs, highprotein...that has always worked for me...

just my suggestion,

Good luck anyway

Bump for more suggestions.

I could not properly work every muscle in two days. I think I will just treat vball like cardio and skip carbs, well only consume <50g, after my matches. Hopefully I will not lose muscle doing this. I have busted ass to get up to 210.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Supplement L-glutamine at 10-15g's a day, keep your carbs down <50g's...Always hit the protein!!!

good luck wabbit

Thread Information